engine garggling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dxtreme

what would cause the engine to sound like its either boiling or garggling the fuel after the truck is turned off

Not really sure what causes it, but I *think* it's pretty normal. The last 2 motors I've had on my truck have done that, and I'm pretty sure my wife's new HPI motor does it as well (haven't heard it run in awhile...she's been on the shelf).

what would cause the engine to sound like its either boiling or garggling the fuel after the truck is turned off

what is the temp of the motor when you done running it? usually the motor will only gargle if its around 260 degrees. Do you have a hole cut out in the windshield of your body if your running with a body? Excuse the bad paint job i was in a rush to get it done for the monster jam i actually finsihed it when i got down there but this will give you the idea. You need to get air flow threw the fins of the head to keep it cool.
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/o20/?action=view&current=100_1466.jpg
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/o20/?action=view&current=100_1467.jpg

My opinion... Way to hot, bud. Unless you run without the body, make sure you've got air flow through the bodies windshield area. If thats already the case, richen lsn a 1/4 turn, and richen hsl 1/4 turn to cool it some. Report back how its behaving. There's also the pinch test.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with blazer X and DOOBEEWHA the sound your hearing is the unburnt fuel oil boiling in the pipe because your reaching the hotter side of the temp range..You don't want to be there bud. IMO now if you have lots of money and can buy a new motor all the time. keep your temps around 220 to 230.

250 is my ceiling Unless of coures the motor just needs to run hotter. then its higher but I always start with the lower settings if I cant tune it in that range I'll start rasing the range by leaning it.

also these motors DO NOT like leaks of any kind in the fuel delivery system or motor block.

i had that and it is just the vapour boiling in the carb. it is not to hot. check your temps anyway just to check but from what i know it is normal as long as you have a bit of smoke it should be fine!
hope this helps
4x4

Sounds right to me, savagecre.

When I hear that sound, I'll give the mill a sniff to detect that baked fuel residue smell.

You cant miss it. Then you know its hotter that it needs to be.

When your motor is already too powerful to WOT all the time, might as well tune it a little cooler to save its life span...right?

Well, for bashers,
=========================== thats my take on it.=============================

Last edited by a moderator:
i've only heard this sound every now and then but when i get my transmissions fixed i'll adjust the carb with having 2 gears. i'll let everyone know what happens after that

Temps depend on the motor, which is why I have personally given up worrying too much about the temps. I look for a good smoke trail and performance. The last 2 motors I've run have run like $*#% under like 240 F. Just my .02 My motor does the gargle thing fairly often, but as long as I'm getting good smoke I don't worry too much about it.

well i know when my truck was last running it is getting a good smoke trail. i only had 1 gear so i really can't tune the truck yet. when i get the trans rebuilt hopefully by this weekend i'll start re-tuning the motor for my area.

Latest posts

Members online

Back