engine front bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJC

Hello everyone. I haven't been around in a while so I hope you guys don't mind me posting with a problem. I took the savage out for one last run before winter. I was cleaning it up when I noticed the seal on the front bearing was coming off. I took the clutch bell and flywheel off and sure enough it was off the bearing. I cleaned it up didn't notice any dirt or stuff inside the bearing just some around the edge. Is this something I should worry about? I mean it's only the rubber seal and there bound to come off from all the spinning. Is anyone else having this problem? The engine is from my savage X SS kit the K 4.6 I have no tuning issues or leaks coming from the bearings. No over heating engine runs great.

Thanks

Hey mate, it don't matter if your on here every week or once a year, we will still help ya...lol
Maybe you should invest in another bearing, the rubber sheild is to stop dirt and stuff getting into the bearing, once dirt gets in your bearing wont run as smooth resulting in the bearing fail.... which could lead to engine damage. and its also there to keep the grease in the bearing, running a dry bearing at that RPM cant be good...
The rubber shield shouldn't come off, even with all the spinning the bearing does.
The only reason i can think of it coming off is because the rubber had perished/damaged.
Anyway, just to ease your mind a bit, i would invest in a new bearing and have to worry about it failing.

If you are talking about th clutch bell bearings I found a place on Ebay where you can get ten for ten dollars or so. They are not shielded but for a dollar a piece I can replace them on the regular

Thanks guys. And thanks ryan86 for the kind words. Well I might just do that. I never had this happen before. The rubber seal is not damaged at all, just came off. I'll buy a new bearing now the question is What bearing should I buy :)

Ya I'm gonna have to look into getting a new front bearing. I heard that Bocca was great. I used them before on one of my other RC trucks. Never had a problem.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back