engine/ engine mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellietommy

hi everyone,
been out with my savage today and took it to the local bmx course. whilst messing about i hit the whoops a bit to hard and my truck flipped oved and landed on its roof. once i retrieved the truck and put it upright i noticed spur gear not make contact with the clutch bell and on even closer inspection i have actually smashed the engine mount.
the problem i am having is that i cant remove the engine mount as it seems one of the bolts is rounded off and cant get set of thin nose pliers to loosen the bolt off.
:duh: :duh: :duh:

Or go to any local hardware or hardware chain (Lowes,Home Depot) and get one of these

http://www.mclendons.com/item.asp?sku=10940720

The one I have has a set bit that you use to drill out a starter hole in the head, then you use the extraction bit to bring out the screw.

Be nice to have for future problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also take the TVP off and than the engine plate with the engine still attached. Than you can get to the screw better. Either to get som pliers on it or to drill it out.

i don't think i explained myself clear enough what i meant is that i can remove the engine and mount from the truck but not the engine mount from the engine

You might not be able to get an easy out in there than. Your best bet is going to be to Dremil the head off. Just be careful of the engine block.

Latest posts

Members online

Back