engine bogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKO9865

hello i have question i just converted to the xl 3 speed tranny running lrp 28 spec 3 and i had a efra 2035 pipe laying around so i put it on suppose to be a 3 chamber thought maybe it would work out ok its quick on the street but when i go off road she wants to bog when it hits 3rd do you think i should adjust shift point to shift latter cause i spent the afternoon getting it adjusted for street driving. or should i get 086 pipe i do have the buku but I'm running it on the mgt with the k4.6 boy does it run!! so i want every ones opinion on what pipe to use as well as shift adjusting for off road. i mostly bash off road but like to hit high speeds to. oh my lrp has about 5 gallons on it maybe it time to rebuild or upgrade. Any info would be great!!

I went through my stuff and found a 15 tooth bell gear should i try that with 49 or 52?

No it should pull 17/47 fine so much for 17/49. do you have any other pipe? LRP works with the buku on the LRP cone, red spring well. but MTL with the savage makes it next to unusable w/o mid tanks N stuff.. 086 on that mill does rip

I think i will order 086 pipe give that a try. And adjust the shift point higher so it stays in second gear longer also i switch to byrons 25% maybe i need to play with the high speed needle a bit and lean a little more that might help to. thanks for the reply and help!

I'm running a werks 1 piece 2 chamber race pipe with my lrp and it love it my gear combo is 16/47 and it pulls wheelies with no problem but it very well could be your tune on the mill considering you changed the nitro content to 25% and you may need to change your glow plug to match the higher(or lower) nitro content so imho itd tune it before adjusting the shift points so you can get a better idea what adjustments you need to make to the trans.

eric....

Thanks everyone for the info went out this afternoon and played with the needle settings and to find out my carb was not opening all the way when i squeezed the throttle adjusted it along with the tune now we have power!!! just got to wait for the 086 pipe cant wait! that 3rd gear makes a big difference love n it!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back