Electric Touring Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeahYeah

Hey guys, I know this may be blasphemy here, but I was wondering if anyone could make a good suggestion for a 1/10 electric touring car. I have found that as much fun as I have with my Savage, it's kind of a production for me to drive it because I have to pack it up and go find someplace to drive it, and I'm looking for something I can do a bit more casually, just stepping out in my apartment parking lot or what have you. Obviously it could never replace the Savvy but it will be a bit easier for me to use whenever I feel the urge. I will probably hold off on buying for a while (my real car needs new tires and Goodyear Eagles don't come cheap), but it can be fun to plan after all!

As for the electric, I would like to stick to a kit because I want to build it, and I'd also like to keep the cost low because I don't plan on racing it at all, just futzing around the parking lot with it basically. I'd like it to be brushless capable, but I doubt I would stick a brushless in it right away.

Also, I'd need another radio, but I am sure there are a billion "Which radio?" threads out there so I'll probably track one of those down.

So, without further delay, here are some that caught my eye...

Hot Bodies Cyclone with Stratus Body

Tamiya Raybring NSX TB-02

Tamiya BMW 320si TT-01

Tamiya TT-01R (no body)

Tamiya ARTA NSX TA05

Of course, I am always open to other suggestions but I've heard Tamiya really puts together some nice solid kits.

I'm leaning toward a Futaba 3PM radio too - but that is far from set in stone.

As always, any input is much appreciated - you guys have a lot more RC experience than me. Thanks in advance.

I have a Xray T1R I was thinking about selling. I bought it from a local racer. It has the original box and maual, orig chassis, a thin carbon fiber chassis, thick carbon fiber chassis, a bunch of wheels and tires, 2 motors, and tons of parts. He told me there was enough parts for almost two cars and it appears to be true. It needs to be rebuilt to the chassis configuration you want as he was trying to do something but never finished. You would still need a Tx/Rx, speed control and batteries. I bought a few parts for it and a body, the body was some clearance special and I have yet to paint it. If you're interested let me know. Keep in mind it is an older model. I think it would be a sweet car, I live in the country so ground clearance is an issue!

Xray T1R

Members online

No members online now.
Back