el camino ss body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee_ek9

I have one of these el camino shells on order for my savage anyone have any pics for ideas to paint it

it all depends what u want. be creative. if u can't decide on what colors u want, then google it. i'm sure u can find some neat paint jobs.

I have one of these el camino shells on order for my savage anyone have any pics for ideas to paint it
I've had the El Camino body for some time now, and have the same predicament. I wasn't sure how I wanted to handle the side pipes and the blower. I pretty much think now I'm going to use the new Spaz Stix chrome paint and black backer for both. I also think I'm going to give the real fire effect a try for the front end, finished in Black for the rest of the body. I've been practicing with the air brush on clear soda bottles (split in half longways) , for some time, and it looks pretty good to me so far. You could also paint these two items silver (From the inside) or try flat black (on the outside). For the rest of the body, find a color, or two tone, or whatever you like, and go for it. Check on HPI site, I believe there are a couple pics on there of this body. One even has a vinyl top that looks pretty neat.

Whatever you decide, just have fun with it. Look around at different body volors you like, there are plenty on here and all over the net.

Good luck!! Post something when you get finished.

I've had the El Camino body for some time now, and have the same predicament. I wasn't sure how I wanted to handle the side pipes and the blower. I pretty much think now I'm going to use the new Spaz Stix chrome paint and black backer for both. I also think I'm going to give the real fire effect a try for the front end, finished in Black for the rest of the body. I've been practicing with the air brush on clear soda bottles (split in half longways) , for some time, and it looks pretty good to me so far. You could also paint these two items silver (From the inside) or try flat black (on the outside). For the rest of the body, find a color, or two tone, or whatever you like, and go for it. Check on HPI site, I believe there are a couple pics on there of this body. One even has a vinyl top that looks pretty neat.

Whatever you decide, just have fun with it. Look around at different body volors you like, there are plenty on here and all over the net.

Good luck!! Post something when you get finished.
Check here lee, lot of El Camino painted bodies, and ideas: https://www.bing.com/images/search?...&qpvt=HPI+RC+El+Camino+Body+Shell&FORM=IGRE#a

Latest posts

Members online

Back