Eight Shocks to Four on 4.6 Purple X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gutshot

At some point in the future I will be changing from eight to four shocks during the rebirth of my Savage X and have researched the options. I'd like to hear from those that have changed and their feedback.

* HPI Big Bore Plastics?
* HPI Big Bore Aluminum?
* LOSI Big Bores?
* Others?

THX!

It really depends on what you want out of a shhock plastic big bores work great for me. If yourgonna be racing you probably want a diff shock. I do mostly bashing with my trucks.

I went for the big bores also, but I had to bling them a bit also.... Integy bodies with all Big Bore internals, gotta love that anodized aluminum :lmao:

DSCN1783.jpg

IMG_4646.PNG IMG_4460.JPG Losi's mega shocks are just insane... the adjustment is completely noticeable to even a novice .. I know in the beginning I had difficulty understanding what my shocks resistance or lack of was doin for acceleration cornering just overall control.. but you add ya a set of mega shocks to any savage or 1/8 scale.. you'll see the difference....

View attachment 3877 View attachment 3876 Losi's mega shocks are just insane... the adjustment is completely noticeable to even a novice .. I know in the beginning I had difficulty understanding what my shocks resistance or lack of was doin for acceleration cornering just overall control.. but you add ya a set of mega shocks to any savage or 1/8 scale.. you'll see the difference....
The lower pic is standard savage flux shock next to the Losi giant

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back