E-Firestorm Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadnaught

Diesel Powered!
I am looking to upgrade my Firestorm.

I just got into the electric deal, but i have a 3600 NiMH, 3000 NiMH, and a 1800 NiCd that i used for my rotostart for the savvy.

I want to start with a decent motor for now, the stock one isnt quite fast enough to keep ahead of the dogs.

and tires. the ground assault tires suck in snow. i was thinking maybe paddle tires. what do you all think.

No dread. I run the novak 13.5 system and I can run a shark 1500mah or a LiPo if I wanted to....

You will enjoy the BL motors much better....basically maintenance free and longer run times with more power.....It's a win win situation!

with that also get cvds as that would be a effecint power transfer as for tires try studing yours or making chains

i put my high lift tires on there, and the grip like crazy on carpet, but suck on snow.

ill look into a bl system then. thanks guy!

_kyle

i run a mamba max 7700kv brushless system... and use 8 cell packs i built by adding cells to dtx 4800 NiMH 6 cell packs ... insane power and speed!!!!!
Its in a rustler but i immagine it would be just as nuts in a firestorm

Here's a few pics of my FLUX Firestorm. It has all the hpi aluminum goodies. It's nice going to the track with a little something different to race! Kudos hpi on making an incredible truck!!!

If you haven't gotten the Mamba system, don't. All the Flux is is a Mamba with an HPI sticker on it. If you want to go brushless Novak makes a new Havok Sport brushless setup for $140. That is the way I'm going to go when I make my Firestorm brushless.

I knew I was going to get that wrong. I kept looking at it because it didn't look quite right. Still, the Novak is sensored and gives you a lot more throttle options.

thanks for the advice guys. its still kicking stock. surprisingly. i cant seem how its still working after mudding and running through water.

i just bit the bullet and bought the above system. with a 5000mah NiMH battery to go with it.

I spent more on the motor and new battery than i paid for the truck!

Thats what my girlfriend was explaining (complaining about) to me. She doesn't see how I can spend almost as much as the truck cost me in hopups for it. Women just don't understand.....

got the system on. after working out a "glitch" (came with LiPo mode active) it runs like a screaming banshee with that new 5k mah batt. i would get a vid, but i cant run a camera and drive the truck at the same time. lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Back