Duc's futur brushless conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducman82

so whilst I'm playing with my nitro, i think ill start a brushless conversion as well. being that i have to much time on my hands so.

I'm getting the mamba 2200 kit
flux batt boxes (ill make them work on my FLM tvps)

i hear the flux uses a one speed trans. so I'm guessing i will need that. but is there any other trans type stuff i will need to get as well?

Actually from what I have heard/seen from the guys who have done it there is an $8 part to lock a Savage tranny like a flux one.

will that work with a 3 speed?

not sure what you mean, but with the b/l you want a single speed caz it is gonna have so much instant power that it will blow a tranny that has gears to shift.

you could remove the 3-speed gearing (or 2 speed if thats what you have) and convert, but you wont be shifting gears anymore.

baddasz_savage is going to do a thread on this tranny conversion with pics tomm.

i'm looking at converting too and besides for custom conversions there's very little info i can scrounge up on converting a "stock" X 4.6 to a "stock" flux brushless system. the kershaw motor mount appears to make it a lot easier, but besides for doing it that way is there a compiled stock parts list to make the conversion or a conversion guide anywhere ?

i'm looking at converting too and besides for custom conversions there's very little info i can scrounge up on converting a "stock" X 4.6 to a "stock" flux brushless system. the kershaw motor mount appears to make it a lot easier, but besides for doing it that way is there a compiled stock parts list to make the conversion or a conversion guide anywhere ?

i looked into the kershaw, but decided to convert a 2-speed. https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11862

if your lookin to convert, here is some things you'll need (besides your motor & esc):

1. flux tvps (to accommodate the battery boxes)
2. flux motor plate (to mount the motor & esc)
3. battery boxes
4. of course, mod your tranny or kershaw gearbox would work.
5. 44t or 45t spur gear (and slipper clutch if you get the kershaw box)
i cant think of much else, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back