Dubro Pit Stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JUDGE

Whilst I was toy-shopping with my tax return and finishing my Savage, I picked up this neat little thing...a Dubro Pit Stop. Since I just switched to pull-start (and love it), I can carry everything I need with this.

As you can see, it comes with an 800cc fuel bottle...enough to fill a regular Savage tank 5 times. To its left hangs a neat little stopper for plugging the exhaust stinger for shutting 'er down.
dubropitstop001lh6.jpg

On the back hang the supplied 8mm T-handle wrench for glow plugs (and Savage axle nuts!), and a tuning screwdriver. The screwdriver fits all the carb screws no problem, and is long enough to tune the HS needle through a hole in the shell. You can also see a neat pocket to store my glow igniter. You can get an igniter included with this setup at extra cost, but I already had one. Oh yeah, check out the threaded glow-plug holders on the base.
dubropitstop002ph3.jpg

All I needed was a spot for my temp gun, so here's what I did...I found a Velcro cable tie in the basement, and simply slid it onto a tube before I screwed the handle on.
dubropitstop003ur3.jpg

...And voila...
dubropitstop004li7.jpg

So for I have used it once, and it's great. I can run around after the Sav and not have to carry anything else, and it all stays put. Ill let everyone know if I have any issues. :Xfingers:

I have one and they work great. But I didn't like the fuel bottle. My lid was made of a soft plastic and you couldn't get the lid on tight enough for it to stop leaking. I just put my regular fuel bottle it it and it works fine.

You know what, I noticed that you couldn't really tighten down on the lid too. Still, it hasn't leaked one drop of fuel so far. I still have my other bottle as a backup, I just like the extra capacity of the Dubro one.

Ya the lid is too soft!

Last edited by a moderator:
got one, love it but the fuel bottle leaked so I used a liter sized fuel bottle wich is working great and then found a tool pouch that clips where the glo igniter goes, holds everything including roto-start.

Latest posts

Members online

Back