• yes

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • no

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • good idea but i have a better one

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool set-up. Can you tell how you attached both of them? Thanks

no problem...... ive gotta rip the truck apart today sometime to replacce the clutch bell ... ill take some better pics while I'm at it them post the pics and describe how i set it up

Oh sorry didn't answer the question...from what I can see it looks good! Hard to see much with the small and kind of dark pics, but what I see looks pretty good! I've never tried running even one, so I don't have much of an opinion on running a wheelie bar at all, but your setup looks nice.
Yea... I feel the same on that one. There is the benifit of not doing alot of damage to the shock caps and heat sink from the un-expected back flips on paved areas. I do like the idea of being a good enough driver to do wheelies without a wheelie bar, also.

next time i take it out ill try to take a vid.....well ill do the best i can with my razr phone uhmm I'm not sure how to make the pics bigger on here

hey big worm, you have to go into the settings for the camera in your phone to make the pictures bigger! The best to set it at is 640X480. If you need more help with it just shoot me a PM

It looks like a good idea, I have a big problem with my savage doing wheelies, I have tried the integy wheely bar and bent it in half in about three runs lets just say it is not good on a savage so maybey this idea will work,:resp:

well so far it has been working great for me put about 4 gallons or more on that setup........it has taken some real bad hits (as in it landed on the bars and left a hole in the sod like 2 inches deep from a jump wher i got about 10 ft of air and 20 ft distance)lol broke the screws for the bumper supports on that one

Not meaning to clog your thread. But if you replace those screws with a quality screw you wont have to buy so many parts trees to get those bumper supports. I replaced mine with Natedog,s screws from his Savage kit on my racer and with drywall screws on my basher. I had natedog screws on my basher but tore them out on a bad landing from 30+ feet up.:duh: But the wicked threads on the drywall screws don't move at all. For almost a year now I have been using the same screws and same bumper mounts.:jamout:

that would be a cheeper way to go probably......if you like aluminum...... personally i prefer the flexibility and bashability (if thats a word) of the stock plastic!!!!!!

I'm with the worm, plastic is great, especially for something that'll see a lot of abuse! The HPI wheelie bar is extremely well designed. Nicely integrated and very durable. Adding a second wheel seems to be a nice improvement, though.

And putting a longer screw all the way through the support and capping it with a nut sounds like a wise idea!

Big worm, did you ever get some better shots of how you did this setup, looks good to me. I think I understand what you did on the lower part but I cant tell what you dit on the upper part, How did you do the part where the bumper connects to the skid plate?

Thanks

Thanks BW, I thought it was probably something like that. I think I might try this setup,

Does this help with fliping it over on its lid more than the single wheel bar?

thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back