Drivetrain upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cullyboy1987

Hey everybody I'm new here and already got some questions. Just picked up a nice xs flux, which of course has a few problems. I've read about the metal for the cups are week and the ones on my transmission are the worst. Should I stick with genuine Hpi HD parts, or are the hot racing tranny cups just as good. I wanted to do the HR HD drive cups with the hpi center universals. Is Hpi the only one that made center universals? I've also had a hard time finding good bearing sets for it. I like avid but cant find them. And I don't have much experience with fast eddy or boca.

I do not own a xs flux but I do own a 4.6 that I'm proud of. I think the layout is the same except your parts are smaller. I'm not a big fan of hot racing for some reason I'd prefer fast lane machine for my parts if I could get them I also like integy parts. I just checkedand fastlane machine doesn't have any parts marked xs so unless your part is interchangeable with a 4.6 just go integy. They even have different colors to chose from.

No this is the xs flux. The mini. So far all I can find are gpm and hot racing. The hpi Cvds don't look very beefy

i have two of them one for me and one for my 6 year old girl. I have the following and it’s been break free. 0 issues period. Going 8 months strong on this set up.

I have hot racing Cvd steel drive shafts. With traxxas 2754 hub pin 2.0 mm. Instead of 1.5mm pin that just snap. You will have to drill axel shaft from 1.5mm to 2.0mm. Its takes long and many drill bits but so worth it as I never have to worry about breaking again. Also 2.0mm pin fit stock wheel hubs.

I used 106730 center universal drive shaft set with HD Crome HPI drive cups. For transmission and diffs. I have had 0 issues and run it hard all the time. I do service my diffs on the regular.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 19
How about savage flux xs transmission plastic housing and internal parts. Does anyone know where to find these discontinued parts. Tks, Scottyb

Latest posts

Members online

Back