Drills and Taps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

I would love to just say that most of the screws and bolts for this hobby IMO are just to small and Metric is size...so I upgrade when needed to just a bit not much larger SAE standard bolts and screws. They have proven to be stronger and Easier to replace than the Hobby screws the Most popular tap in my kit is 8-32 this is small enough to work yet big enough to hold up to even the biggest Bashers so for the money get your self a set and Upgrade those bolts. Plus have you seen the price of the bolt kits........Dude not cool Go down to your local Hardware store and check out the price of these 8-32 and 6-32 bolts Make sure you get GRADE 8 for strength...ok there you have it. also 1/8 drill bit for predrilling your holes then tap it 8-32 Ok

Ok CRE out

Thats good info, Savagecre. wouldn't it be cool to have alll the screws and bolts to fit one or two beefy hex sizes. It might add up some additional wieght, but it's worth it in most cases. Especially if you just like to bash and not compete in race events. The RC manufactures go out of thier way to make the products exclusive to their type of tools and replacement parts. Screw that, so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice but in countries that use the metric system stick to the metric screws. A visit to a decent fastener store though will definitely be cheaper then a visit to a hobby store for screws. The quality can also be a lot better.

We have fastenall stores here and what we like to do is buy a whole box, usually a hundred in a box, and then we split them up between all of us that bash together. We save alot and always have plenty of spares.

Just like what Blazer X mentioned is the best thing to do. I don't have access fastenal near me but I find the best places to buy hardware is www.MCMasterCarr.com. They usually have a two turn around time from when the order is placed. I usually use them for my engineering designs at work and if they don't have it you proably cant get it easily. I priced out one screw kit a team member bought roughly $36.00 for a good quality kit for the savage. For the same screws I could buy (1) box of each different screw in the qty of (100) and my total order was $98.00. When all said and done I could make roughly (6) complete screw kits at the fraction of the cost of buy (6) complete kits from someone else. MCMaster even has the Shock tower screw which I have bought ton of for my Bash savage. Buying in bulk will total same you cash, never mind not worrying about losing one screw since you 99 more.

you know your shocktower screws...I've beeffed them up to 8-32. I don't bend them anymore. just a thought.some modding req.

Latest posts

Members online

Back