Dooley's D8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dooley

ERCM Pipe #29
Well my D8 showed up today. I wasn't expecting it until Monday or Wednesday of next week. Now if it would cool off a bit so I go into the garage and start building it I would be happy. Pics later after the sun goes down.

I've been looking at the OS .21 VZB V spec. That will come this winter though. For now I was given an old Werks B3 motor. I will need to tear it down and give it a good cleaning though before I try to run it.

I managed to get get through Bag A tonight. I would start Bag B with the front clip but, it's getting late. Hopefully tomorrow night.

Sorry bout the super sized pics.

Lets see if these are better.

I got a few hours of work in the build now. The front assembly and the center diff are built.

IMG00333-20100814-0020.jpg

IMG00335-20100814-1117.jpg

NIce lovin the dew jammys too!!! Comfort is a building must...

Thanks lol. The neighbors prolly think I'm nuts, out in the garage at 7am in my jammys working on rc cars. They just don't get it.

i was playing with my savage and the neibors where yelling at me at 8 pm come on tonight midnight

I am in love with this thing. It's the first "kit" I have put together and I can't believe how well it went.

Here's the roller.

IMG00340-20100815-0114.jpg

Now its time for the iffy part. Tearing into the Werks B3. Its pretty dirty but supposedly it just has around a gallon through it. We will see.

I am in love with this thing. It's the first "kit" I have put together and I can't believe how well it went.

supposedly it just has around a gallon through it. We will see.

Looks good ! GL with the motor

I started on the Werks B3 this afternoon. and found that the end of the pilot shaft had been cut off and the HSN housing snapped in 2 when I was taking it out. I have looked around a little and parts for the B3 pretty much don't exist anymore. I've emailed Werks Racing to see if maybe they have something or know where I can get a new crank and HSN housing. Hopefully they can help me out.

IMG00342-20100815-1240.jpg

IMG00344-20100815-1241.jpg

Good News! :jamout: I called Werks Racing and talked to Ron (Good guy). They have a crank in stock.

I feel alot better about this motor now. I should have the D8 running next week :FarleyParty:

Motor parts showed up today. I have the mill back together and installed with an ofna 086 pipe, I am getting a loaner bump box tomorrow so I hope to get her fired up.

IMG00363-20100825-1701.jpg

IMG00365-20100825-2133.jpg

hope it works out for ya bud!!! cant wait to see it running in a vid!!! HINT!!HINT!!!! LOL

I got the motor fired up last night :rock1: Now it's a question of how well lol. I grabbed some Crimefighters today at the LHS and some paint. I'll be burnin the midnight oil tonight. I hope to get some video at the track tomorrow.

i like it, have fun & whoop some butt

Nevermind the newb behind the wheel or the poor tune. The buggy handles like a dream and a blast to drive.

[YOUTUBE]RMq242fQ8Oo[/YOUTUBE]

Just a small update to the D8. Yesterday right before the main I had fire it up to run in the grass some and clean off the tires a little when the motor shut down on me. When I tore it down this is what I found. Keep in mind I got this motor for free and put $40 into it for a new crank and got close to 2 gallons on it before it happened.

I ran to the LHS today after work and they had a Jammin JPX.21 for the same $$$ as what I was seeing them for on ebay so I grabbed it. Hopefully I can start breaking her in tomorrow or wednesday.

IMG00015-20100926-1925.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back