don't toss that piston and sleeve !!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

i found a website that makes them brand new again they repinch them and everything WOW his is awesome just for 20 dollars shipped nice I eamail them and asked a few questions and they told me that the can fix straches on the piston and sleeve along with any pitting on the head of the piston and the head button check this out guys www.rayaracing.com and www.osrocketraceing.com let me know what u think later guys

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet! I'm about to rebuild 2 engines, and am balking at the price...a new piston and sleeve for my .46 is half the cost of just buying a whole new damn engine...

yea old news, these engine will work but be careful... sometimes if you don't go to a reputable service ur stuff cna be over pnched or under. stick to os rocket they know what they are doing

but ur engine wont last as long and i heard they don't run quite the same after they have some time on it. max life of about 3-5 gallons i heard but don't quote me

A guy that was on this forum a couple years ago sent his piston and sleeve out for his fantom, and it came back way overpinched. Wound up messing up his motor. I would just stick to a new piston and sleeve.

i asked them a cupple of questions about it they said they can pinch it however u want it. thight .midum tight or loose
I still think its a good deal the 20 dollars then again u get what u pay for. But still if u can get 3 to 4 gallons out of it thats allot of run time and its worth the money if it doesn't work then your out of 20 dollars oohh well ya know its only 20 bucks iam going to send mine in might as well its not doing any good otherwise

i agree...$20 versus throwing them away as worthless? worth a shot in my book...

or just do that 20 plus 30-40 and get a rebuild kit depending on engine and brak it in right and it will last for 20 gallons. pinching really was made for the higher end engines like rb rossi ect because a rebuld kit is pretty much the cost of a basic engine

I'll let you know dude...Juiski is porting/polishing/pinching mine soon (gotta get the damn thing out first...LOL)

well, I still have yet to use the heat method...gotta dig an old toaster over out of the garage....don't wanna mess the wife's oven up :D

I think I read everything off that site. Sounds interesting how they approach doing this. If done properly as they described I'm under the impression for $20 bucks that aint bad. Here's something else they said at the end of the 3rd. page. When and if you decide to pinch the sleve and polish the head you should be thinking of buying a new conrod, o-rings both bearings. Sure you might spend a little more but if doen correctly you should have an almost new engine. Now the guy that was doing this was using an RB WS7. That mill is 3 plus. So for around $100 bucks he came out good. Is it for every engine, IMO - NO. You have to consider ever angle of this not just the pinch. Hope that helps... Good site, one of the better ones I've seen over the yrs.

I know how that is did u try the zip tie thing

yeah...tried the zip tie...problem is, that the idiot I got the truck from didn't break the engine in at all...just ran the hell out of it...so between the compression, and him running it hot, it's expanded pretty tight to the case...hope the heating trick works...

]-[0pa]0ng;15691 said:
I think I read everything off that site. Sounds interesting how they approach doing this. If done properly as they described I'm under the impression for $20 bucks that aint bad. Here's something else they said at the end of the 3rd. page. When and if you decide to pinch the sleve and polish the head you should be thinking of buying a new conrod, o-rings both bearings. Sure you might spend a little more but if doen correctly you should have an almost new engine. Now the guy that was doing this was using an RB WS7. That mill is 3 plus. So for around $100 bucks he came out good. Is it for every engine, IMO - NO. You have to consider ever angle of this not just the pinch. Hope that helps... Good site, one of the better ones I've seen over the yrs.

Iam thinking about doing this when my surefire needs repinched I have 5 gallons on it right now still great pinch then again your right on replacing the bearings and c rod (but I have replaced them once so well c 20 buck yea not bad !!!) but allway other things to concider your right brian !!!! but then again my surefire was only 200 bucks a year ago so MMMMMMM

Crzy, me, several others have been around doing this for a while. We have seen how "pinching" works, and how it usually only lasts a couple quarts. Just remember, if they mess up, it could cost you a crankcase, just like it did a former member of this site. It's not good, but if you insist on trying it, good luck.

I think the main reason the newly pinched engine has a short life is due to the fact that the main bearing should be replaced which should only ad another $15 to $20 to the overall price and well worth the extra cash because that should ad another 6 to 8 gals or more depending on how the motor is treated durring it's new life. The con rod is the weakest link in the picture now and if replaced, You've got a completely rebuilt head.

Latest posts

Members online

Back