Don't know what TX to buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

So I'm basically a noob when it comes to radio gear. I've used a stock radio for about 5 years now and am ready to step it up into the 2.4 ghz. I've been looking at spektrum and air tronics radios. I really like the Airtronics M11X FHSS-3 but $430 is way too much. The Airtronics M11 FHSS-2 is $280 but how is it different from the newer model? I can see spending $250 on the TX and RX. Would someone take the time to educate me in the airtronics and spectrum radios please?

Here's a few things I want out of my TX

-Fast (I assume all 2.4 ghz are fast)
-Rechargeable battery
-Lots of settings
-Durable
-Longevity

Thanks

Spektrum DX3.0 on all my rides. You can get the 2.0 if you only need 2 channels. I got the 3.0 because I had reverse on all of mine... but I don't any longer.

I've had ZERO troubles with mine.

Do 2.4ghz radios have built in fail safes?

Futaba 3pm does. its cheaper than the radios you listed, very sweet & 10 model memory.

Futaba 3pm does. its cheaper than the radios you listed, very sweet & 10 model memory.

Do the spectrum and airtronics radios have a fail-safe built in too?

I bought the Spek DX3S like a month ago. I love it i get really good range. I don't know how far it is but sometimes i cant tell if my truck is coming or going lol... Its very user friendly comes with 2 Rx one with telementry and one that just basic. And the failsafe works great if you set it up right and bind it properly.

I bought each Spektrum off of ebay for $130'ish (tranmitter and receiver) brand new.

If you like it, then go for it. For what we do (bash and visit a track every now and then) the Spektrum is more than enough. The more options, the more things I'll have adjusted incorrectly....

Paul i saw you say in shout that you decided on a Tx/Rx but dint have a chance to ask which one.

good grief, 30-model memory? looks like some pretty high-tech specs.

you'll have to do a review when you get it.

speky & futaba seem to be most popular so I'm interested to see how this airtronics fares in your eyes.

looks like a good 1.

FX id get a futaba if your gonna spend the money, I used them back in the day and loved them, I own a spektrum dx2.0 it has a very cheap look and feel and sometimes has trouble binding to my other spektrum receivers. the next and last radio I buy will most likely be a futaba 4pk

i've used Sanwa MX3 and M8.. never tried M11x but i heard its a great radio, come with traction control function, but a little bit heavy compared to Futaba 4pk. anyway Atsushi Hara was using Futaba 4pk during a buggy race in Malaysia last June.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back