Dog bones keep coming out??k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhett7660

Dog bones keep coming out??

Hi all..

Here is my question. I broke one of my stock dog bones to my savage X. I replaced it. Now when I am driving it, the dog bone keeps coming out. The silver pin that keeps the top arm connected to the body keeps coming out causing the arm to come away from the body, thus the dog bone comes out. Is there something I am missing to tighten? I looked through the manual and it isn't really specific. I have looked at the other side to see if there is a screw missing on the faulty side and there isn't. What do I need to do to keep this from happening.

Thanks
R~

Last edited by a moderator:
The bumper brace should have a tab on it keeping the hindge pin from coming out

I can see that for the bottom pins part #86073 but I don't see one for the top part #86074. When I look through the manual there is nothing that is in front of the part #86074 to keep it in.

I can see that for the bottom pins part #86073 but I don't see one for the top part #86074. When I look through the manual there is nothing that is in front of the part #86074 to keep it in.

well, then the manual is flawed...LOL

X25 is correct...the bumper brace, that goes from the bumper to the bulkhead, should have a flat tab that acts as a barrier to hold the pin from sliding out...there should be one holding each upper hinge pin in place...

k0m0d067

Do you have a part number or something I can reference? I am not saying he is wrong by no stretch of the imagination. I just can't find the part that I need. When looking at the manual page 38 it doesn't show anything going in front of the top pins.

P8280228.JPG

This is what they are refering to.

Yup...... Mine were bent to the side so that is why the other side was out also. Had to put them back into place and tighten them down.

Thanks a bunch for all your help!!!!

Works like a charm now!!!

you can also use zip ties to keep them from turning sideways...common trick used by Savage X users...

yes-use zip ties to hold the arms together so they are not able to come apart allowing the pins to come out.

Latest posts

Members online

Back