Does your LHS support the Savage?

Does your LHS support the Savage?

• My LHS supports Savages completely

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • My LHS does not carry the truck or hop-ups, but some spare parts

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Hello Tower Hobbies (or favorite online supplier)

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whipnet

Houston has some 20 something hobby shops I can go to. At least 15 of those are completely anti-savage (the best way I can describe it.) Carry nothing.

There are some here that completely support it. Some that don't carry the trucks but have a few spare parts.

I am in Texas, so I understand this is Traxxas country. (I'd like to support the local boys, but the Savage is just too sweet and better for what I want in a MT.)

What's your LHS like? I am curious to see if there's any difference outside of Texas or the U.S. for that matter.

Thanks

I only have like 4-5 here in San Diego and all carry lots for all makes.
I am lucky that a small one is close to me and they have most of what I need for Savage.
Hobby People is in town too and they carry quite a bit for it too.
But I always go there with a part number so I don't have to deal with the idiot behind the counter!
Dave

wow....i got one within an hours drive in either state, at least that i know of. both carry some spare parts, batteries, stuff like that. they carry more traxxas stuff...which is good cus a friend of mine runs all traxxas.

Where is the option for carrying the truck but no parts?

WOW, I didn't think that existed. From what I know about the hobby business is that they sell the trucks at cost knowing (hoping) they'll make their money from the spare and hop-up parts.

Sorry man.

My LHS carries HPI cars and parts (that's where I got the truck), along with all the consumables, but they rarely seem to have any Savage parts in stock I actually need.

Not only that, but they only order on Monday mornings for Thursday arrival. So if I break something or order a part Monday afternoon, it takes a week and a half to order anything...if their vendor even has it in stock, which the hobby store has no idea of until the order comes in. When I order online, I normally get my parts within 2 days to a week.

I will always try my best to support them, but often I am way better served ordering online. I hope they get their system and inventory worked out someday.

Not over here. One of the stores here tends to have an X SS kit up on the wall but they barely have any parts for it. I did/do have a shop that is local and he has/had basically everything but I think he is closing so he hasn't had the stock he used to for a while.

That is very strange. 2 hobby shops around here and they both sell the Savage and upgrades for them too. One more tha the other but thats due to size of the store more than anything else.

well were i live there is no hobby shop unless i drive for like 2 or 3 hours so I'm a online shopper!! lol so i picked the third answer

My shop used to support the savage heavily, but lately it has been transitioning to more support for Losi 8 & 8t, Revo's, Associated 8. Since the shop has a track and host offroad racing, he doesn't see many savages around except for our racers. Pretty much my teammates are the only customers that has the owner ordering savage parts.

My LHS is a BIG HPI AND TRAXXAS fan so he stocks all HPI and traxxas parts.....tons of savage parts but everything I break he has to order unless its a spur gear........

Now that is stupid .. !!!!:stickspank:

The shop I bought my savage from is the same come to think of it. Basically the only things I have bought from the shop was my savage. All spares had to be gotten else where as they had nothing. They were happy to order parts but carried no spares.

My lhs stocks plenty of stuff for savages. Guys, please support them when you can. Unless, they refuse to earn your business. I am lucky to have great people at my lhs!

I have great people at mine too. Even if its a part they don't stock they will order it for you. If they cant get it for me than I will hit up ebay.

i have 2 were i am in texas
they are both mixed but most are leaned more toward traxxas
hobbytown is about 45 min away however i no longer shop there because ive ordered parts waited a week they call me to get them and i get there and they sold my parts. theyve done that 3 times so I'm boycotting them.
the one in georgetown shut down and moved to roundrock so its even closer now so i shop there. its not got alot of savy parts but they will order them for u

well id anyof you saw that one video thread for high octane hobbies but they are the maijor hpi dealer for the area as well as other scale r/c's like boats and dragsters and other stuff

a lil late to post. but I'm a newbie so sue me lol. My local shop is great. They carry lots of spare parts. if they don't have it they can order it. Take their time to talk to you. Mkae sure you under stand how and why it works. A lot of their in store stuff is cheaper than a lot of what i find online. They even took the time to find some screws to replace the upper TVP screw on the front and rear assemblies for me. Mine had stripped and the 4 x 10 would no longer work. sorry for the long post. But SavageFreak and I are lucky to have a competent and helpful store.

a lil late to post. but I'm a newbie so sue me lol. My local shop is great. They carry lots of spare parts. if they don't have it they can order it. Take their time to talk to you. Mkae sure you under stand how and why it works. A lot of their in store stuff is cheaper than a lot of what i find online. They even took the time to find some screws to replace the upper TVP screw on the front and rear assemblies for me. Mine had stripped and the 4 x 10 would no longer work. sorry for the long post. But SavageFreak and I are lucky to have a competent and helpful store.

When a guy your size comes into my shop, I pay attention and help him too.

being a big guy is like being a hot chick, everyone is nice to you.:FarleyParty:

My LHS seems to be Traxxas/Ofna biased. I can order stuff for my HPI from there, but I can do that on the interwebz!

LMAO Crash. You about made me spit out my drink when I was reading that. I'm only 6'1" 245lbs. Just a big teddy bear 99% of the time. But ya mess with my kids , my gf, or my vehicles including the Sav. Then I turn into a rabid Grizzly lol. Thanks for the laugh. I was upset. Weather not gonna cooperate today. :(

my lhs sells and stocks savage parts but most of the time they do not have what i need and it takes forever for them to order them. So most of the time i order them myself cheaper and faster.

Hey all,
I guess i'm lucky here. We only have 2 LHS but both of them are big nitro supporter. One sells Savy's and has a pretty good selection of common parts. The other one has a very good owner, he is a big Savage fan being that he owns 4 or 5 himself. Needless to say he has them in stock almost all the time. His after market and OEM parts selection is pretty good. He is pretty knowledgable on most things. He goes out of his way to help, including helping you breaking in motors, rebuilding things, or any question you can come up with. They both have work areas in the store so you can sit down and work on your stuff and ask for help if you are having trouble.

Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
i go to my LHS for about 80% of what i need. but if i can find a better deal at SMF or other online store i will order the parts that way also.

I have to say I hate LHS around here. There is only one or two in my area and maybe half a dozen in the state. They carry savages , but not many parts and definitely no after market stuff. I bought my savage X ss at the LHS, but from then on its been internet stores (mostly SMF).

i buy 98% of my parts online first because i can get it cheaper even with shipping,Or i can drive 45 mins because no lhs near me has anything but traxxas or assoisiated and only cater to noob clientel.So by the time you add gas and travel time it just comes down to economics.

As far as savages go, my LHS (which is 30 miles away) is pretty decent. They always have an SS kit, and a RTR on the shelf, as well as plenty of parts for them on hand. If something needs to be ordered, it's usually in my hands within a week. Wish I could say the same for other brands they carry and order for. I've been waiting a month now for some OFNA parts for my X-1 CRT truggy. I'm calling them tomorrow to cancel my order and buy the parts online.

Members online

No members online now.
Back