Does the Savage 25 TVP chassis accept the new type radio box ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Hi, I'm have cumulated that many spare parts from 3 builds that I have finished that I have decided to put another together out if the bits, some from a 25, some from an X and some from an XL, but have found that the radio box taken from a Savage X does not seem to fit the original Savage 25 TVP chassis rails that I'm using, the 2 screw holes in each side of the radio box seem to be a fraction out of align with those in the TVP's. Is it me just being a pilchard or did HPI change the fixing position. We're talk about 2mm if that which to me just seems bloody stupid and I cant see any reason for it. Can anyone enlighten me.

Is it me just being a pilchard or did HPI change the fixing position. We're talk about 2mm if that which to me just seems bloody stupid and I cant see any reason for it. Can anyone enlighten me.
I asked this question back in February and to answer my own question, yes I was being a pilchard as the new radio does fit the old style Savage 21/25 TVPs. Don't know why I couldn't seem to get one to fit back then as have since fitted 3 new style boxes to these TVPs with no problem. the 4 holes in the sides of the box line up perfect. One to many beers that night I think.
Oh and my collection of Savages has since gone up to 10.

I missed your original post and just saw it. Was going to tell you it does fit, but I’m very late to the party and as you have said you figured it out. Just so you know, you are not alone, some of the best and most productive conversations I have with people are in my head.

Latest posts

Members online

Back