does a clutch need broken in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just checked the pad, i cant get the clutch bell off. i've been prying at it with a flat head and it wont move.

no there not stuck. i also cleaned it with some brake cleaner and got some black
stuff out.

With the screw out the bell should slide right off.

I cant remember but is it brake clean that eats plastic or is it carb/choke cleaner or maybe both. My guess is that you will need to get new clutch. Personally I would get an alum clutch and somethinglike 1.0mm springs and fix your issue. If the fly is turning and the cb isnt when you are on the gas hard then there is nothing else it has to be with the clutch shoes, just replace them. To get your spacer off and cb off just heat it a bit if you got tomuch loctite on it or something. You may have to get a hold of the spacer with a vicegrip and pull like h on it.

Hey D,
Did you clean the inside of your cb, they come with oil on them so they don't rust during shipping and if you don't clean it your clutches will slip and heat up the cb and them melt the clutches and spur-its an ugly chain reaction. Clean that thing out (if you ever get it off) and rough up the part the shoes touch with some sand paper.
Joey

:hitit: No seriously, just heat up the spacer with a lighter or something. Not too hot, your only trying to soften the loctite not burn it away. It should pull off pretty easy while it's still hot.

ok i got it off last night with a pair of pliers. i cleaned inside the bell and roughed it up with some 150 grit. i will try it later. i also double checked my wheels made sure the glues was good and the hexes, re torqued the slipper and looked at clutch shoe direction. all was good.

How did the clutch shoes look? Are the springs in tact too?

wheelie is an understatement! this thing just plain rips. thanks for the help guys, problem solved. i saw the oil on the outside of the bell and didn't think any thing about it. :duh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back