Do the Trencher X and Trencher 40 series complement each other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedonist222

Or will they be redundant?

First off, my planned terrain:

from super soft sand/dunes to hard pack desert to gravel.

So, no mud, no tarmac and no grass/forest.

I know paddles are ideal for desert, but I like to mix in some hard pack desert with soft dunes in a single driving session.

I think the Trencher X would be nice for the hard pack and gravel because the width would give it stability while turning - plus tons of grip.

The Trencher 40 series would be great for desert because of the super tall tires and much thinner width.

I have ordered the Trencher X and am considering ordering the Trencher 40 series,

Your thoughts, gents.

From left to right: Trencher 3.8" (40 Series), Trencher X 3.8" (Traxxas Style Bead), Losi: 420 ATX

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

L - Trencher X - R - Trencher 40 series

DSCN1724.jpg

DSCN1723.jpg

I have never had my Savage in sand so I can't give you anything other than an opinion. I run the regular trenchers on my Losi Short course and they are great on the packed dirt track I run on. The wider tre:)ncher you show, IMO would tend to slow you down just because of their sheer width. I don't know, Only point of fact I can relate is running very wide tires on my street car as opposed to narrower ones. The wide tires cover a lot more surface and when letting off gas, car will slow quicker.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back