Disk break help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilgore

hey so my disk brakes (the red finer glass ones)on my savage x 4.6 broke and I got new ones to put on, but I don't no how to set them, I thought I set them right by the manual. But they fell off in like 2 mins after I took it out, Is there a better picture or video somewhere so I can learn how to install them properly?

did you look at your owners manual, did you use all shims and tighten screws down? then you set the tension with the nylon nut and spring tensioner. make sure you still have brass rod, that goes into tranny and puts pressure on disc. youtube may have your answer.

did you look at your owners manual, did you use all shims and tighten screws down? then you set the tension with the nylon nut and spring tensioner. make sure you still have brass rod, that goes into tranny and puts pressure on disc. youtube may have your answer.
Yeah I've tryed all that lol, thank for the reply

I think I figured it out now, the top screw hole that holds the breaks on is starting to get stripped out, when I set set it all up it seemed ok but once I start it up the vibration is slowly making the screw come out, going to try and re thread it with some Jb weld

That was my guess as well. Just wasn't sure what you meant by "fell off". Those shoulder screws are easy to strip if your not careful.

Might be a good idea to get a center skid to help protect the disks. I have the RPM skid on my X. Got it after hitting a stick and busting a disk.

Latest posts

Members online

Back