Diffs clicking while free rolling savage x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay2006

Hey everyone..quick question for yas. I have a brand brand new savage x 4.6 but with an lrp zr32 spec 4 engine.its runs awsome and every thing seems awsome but when the truck is just sitting and I push the truck forwards and backwards sometimes I feels the diffs binding or something binding. The truck is practically brand new only 3 tanks ran through and I been really babying it.is this a normal characteristic of this 4x4 system? Because it dosnt seem to bind when I'm driving it. Everyrhing is great while running it. Only when I freewheel it back and forth by hand. Thanks for your help on advance

Hi jay I would start with looking at the transmission then check the diff's. All it takes is one bad land to take out a diff. Also does it do it with wheels straight or turned?

Hi jay I would start with looking at the transmission then check the diff's. All it takes is one bad land to take out a diff. Also does it do it with wheels straight or turned?
I've never jumped it before and the diffs are brand new. I bought this truck as a brand new roller.

Most likely it is going to be the spur to bell mesh causing the noise and binding... Loosen the engine mount and reset the gear mesh to just a hair of play between them...

Most likely it is going to be the spur to bell mesh causing the noise and binding... Loosen the engine mount and reset the gear mesh to just a hair of play between them...[/QUOT okay ill try that.i just installed rr gen 3 slipper and bell gear few days ago. it seems like once i roll it back and forth a few times it will quit binding.but then once i pick the rear wheels up and start rolling it then it starts binding again for a few back and forth rolls. i wonder if its just the way the gears are syncing up from the front to rear? know what i mean? and then once there in sync they quit binding. if i roll the spur gear with my fingers it dosnt bind.only when i free roll it. its very weird, and with the whole truck basicly being brand new...I'm wondering if they all do this but nobody has never noticed?thanks for your reply please give me =any more thoughts.

Roll one wheel with the truck off the ground. See if the opposite whell spins in the oppisite direction. Feel for any clicking. If there is, its likely a 13th pinion gear missing a tooth or two

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back