Differential locker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vertigoperformance.com...its 19.99$ i think and its the best one you can get, hands down. its my favorite upgrade on my car.

I'm not saying that thing is a rip off but isnt the one in the link the same thing? you just put a gear pin (if you don't understand what i am talking about by gear pin, i understan in the hole. is it the same thing as the maximizer?

Yes GPM and Maximizers are the same.

If you put an internal locker in it will eventually destroy your diff cup.
Our locker replaces the diff cup.

Clayton

Maximizer makes good products, myself and numerous others can vouch for his quality. He'll back up his work. I wouldn't go anywhere else though, just my .02

if you haven't bought it already, go with the vertigo for sure....its a way better design. the maximimizers are double hte price and simply not as good. i really don't think theres a way anyone can deny that the vertigo is a better design.

thay arent necessary but when off roading they defineitly help give more traction cause you have more even power to the wheels but for what ive heard id only lock up the rear end if your leaning toward getting some tompbz

cool, thanks for the info shadow! I've just broken in my savage 25, and now i need a digital cam to show it off on the net!

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't get ANOTHER one...i hadf one in my savage...and my dogbone purchases went up 100%..it was amazing..every time i went out..i wiuld break a bone.....finally i said enought and pulled it out..now no more problems since.
I must add that it did work awesome as long as you didn't jump or anything...it would squat so nice on take off,but it turned poorly on hard ground also....the only reason i putit in was for the sled pulls that we hold up here...it really helped then.

-Joe

huh ive though about putting one in the back end but never did it cause i drive on both the street and off road and so i didnt want to have to change it all the time cause from what ive read all over the place is that they work great off road but anywhere with high traction they suck!!! now i know for sure not to just cause ive had my SS 4.6 for almost a year now and never broken a dogbone or even bent one for that matter and ive been plenty rough on it like the firehydrant at full speed and only broke about 15 bucks worth of plastic and no other damage to speak of!!

that`s fun!
It reminds me of a massive rc demo in elst near arnhem last year, there were some guys doing rc tractorpulling.
I admire those guys cause there isn`t a single tractor kit available, they build everything themselves out of nothing.
I watched tractors go with 2, 3, 4 and even 5 nitro engines!
at the end of the show there was a demo of a tractor fitted with 2 turbine engines, boy that thing made Noise with a big N.
as for the diff locker I`m looking for a thorsen diff for my savvy, it has the same effect though it doesn`t lock completely.
when the rpms off the diff itself increase it unlocks itself gradually, you can also adjust the `lock` by using thinner or thicker silicone oil.
don`t drive it on asphalt wit thick oil cause with high grip surfaces it might get hot, very hot.
they are for sale for some cars but haven`t found them for the savvy yet, if I find them I`ll post a thread about it.

VP does make excellent products. I love the CF tvps. They have yet to fail on me plus the VP tvps are I think the lightest and strongest CF paltes on the market. I wish I could get the ext. CF tvps from VP. It looks as if they have been Discontinued - IMO ( Bummer, Man ) I have pics in the gallery fo VPs CF roll bar and tvps.

i read in a magazine (xtreme rc i think) guys putting silly putty in diffs locks them almost solid, you don't need seals and you can take it out just as easy as you put it in.
I also read that lockers are mainly intended for hill climbing, drag racing, tractor pulling, running in sand and any sort of straight line running.
-for hill climbing they reccomend locking the front.

i think someone said something about torsen diffs: torsens arent going to hold up to the riggors of monster trucks thats why they arent availabe for them.
they are used in the 1/8th buggys. i fitted a fioroni storm traction torsen center diff for use on a gs storm on my x1crt i know it isnt intended for truggys but the center diff has about half the load on it that the front and rear diffs have on them.

just f.y.i.
no pun intended
hope this info is useful to somebody
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Back