Differential Grease Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgrames

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know what everyones ideas are on what to use to remove the grease from the diffs without removing the bevel gears? Should I soak them or spray them with something. Suggestions?

Thanks fellas.

I have heard that, I just wasnt sure if I would be able to get all the grease out with it. Do you think it would hurt anything if some grease was left over and I install the oil anyway?

Exactly what Jeremy said. Thats what I used. It is usually best and easiest to remove the bevel gears as well. Everything will get cleaner that way. That darn OEM grease gets into every nook and cranny.

I use gumout carb and choke cleaner. 30 seconds and you cant get any cleaner

i removed everything. i started with the kit so I took the diff apart to clean, shim, and oil. i put all pieces in tupperware and soaked them for a few minutes. jer is correct you don't have to. the gumout products are great, strips the grease right off

I use brake cleaner, but I do remove everything from the diff case as it's not a difficult job, including all the gears, then put into a spall pot and soak in to remove the worst of the gloop, then put on some kitchen towel and give a good blast with brake ceaner.

Hope this helps bud

Latest posts

Members online

Back