Different wheels for front and back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s14

I was wondering if anyone has ever used different pairs of wheels for the front and back of their savage? ie a pair of stock savage wheels at the front and a pair of big joes on the back or vice versa.

I am wondering if there are any gains in having a set up like this as oppose to all wheels being the same.

this absolutly wont work, unless you are running power to only one set of the wheels. when you change the size of the tire, you change how much the axle spins, which changes how much the differential spins per revolution. for example, if your stock tires spin the differential once for every rotation of the tire (i know its more than that), the big joes will spin the diff half to 3/4 of a turn per rotation of the tire. therefore, your differentials will always be fighting eachother, and eventually one will blow up, taking either the spider gears from inside the cup, or the pinion gear, thus taking out the ring gear in the process.

Dreadnaught's right on the money...Just like 1:1 4WD vehicles, if you do that you'll have a very poor-driving, self-destructing Savage...guaranteed!

As long as the tires are the same size its fine. I run 40 series Bow Ties in the rear and max size in the front for racing and haven't had an issue at all. I actually took 2nd place in the truggy A main with my Savage running those tires weekend before last.
But the tires have to have the same outside diameter or it will hurt the truck like stated above.

Thanks for the replies:)

Ill just have to put the stockies back on.

Latest posts

Members online

Back