difference between hpi 3.5(.21) and the 4.1/4.6 engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi how do i tell the difference between the 3.5cc 4.1cc and the 4.6cc engines ?
cheers reg

3.5 is a .21
4.1 is a .25
4.6 is a .28
they usually say on the engine what it is post a pic?

no both of mine not got anything apart from hpi my older 21 engine has 21/3.5 on it the heads are slightly different but i don't want to take the head off just to measure the piston just wondered if anyone knows the difference by just looking

eng.jpg

4.6 has a slightly larger diameter sleeve and piston. Do you know what kind of 4.6 you have??? There are 2, the K4.6 and the F4.6. Same size engines, but the porting on the sleeves are different and the cranks are different. Not sure if there is a difference in the piston though.

I'm not stupid i know the piston and cylander are bigger i only want to know how you can tell the difference
the heads are slightly different but i don't know wich one is the 4.1 or 4.6

the head, the carb, the design and size of the block. there are alot of things.......

Wont get far with an attitude like that. He was trying to help you out, I never heard him call you stupid.... If you wanted specific info than why didn't you ask for it? You said "but does anybody know what the difference between 4.1 and 4.6 Ive got both but they look the same" that's a lot different than "Besides the piston/cylinder being bigger what are the differences?". You didn't state you knew any of them, so please don't jump down a respected members throat because he cant read your mind.

:lmao: Now that that was set stright...

Did you get them all used in a box?

Post the 25 and 28 is the same pic.

HUH not that you have the 3.5 posted maybe its not. I agree with Bank please post a picture of all of them together. Your head may have been changed or something because its black.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back