Diff Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKO9865

Hey Does The X Ss Diff Case Fit The Savage X 4.6? I Had Bought Some And When I Screw Down The Front Diff It Binds! The Rear Is Ok! Could This Be A Bent Lower Bulk Head Plate?

the diffs should fit they are the same the ss has aluminum cups and the 4bevel gear is the only difference i belive.

The Xss case will fit in the X & the diffs are the same; alloy cases 4 bev gear & all.

yea, could be a bent lower plate, but i would think that wouldve caused the diff & bulk you took off to bind as well. make sure the screws your using to hold the bulk to the plate arent too long; that could cause the binding for sure

I was thinking he may have switched the long / shorts up myself.. Short go in the tyranny side long go to the front and rear respectively. If you drove home a long one in the rear (tranny side) you could have damaged the bulkhead

I was thinking he may have switched the long / shorts up myself.. Short go in the tyranny side long go to the front and rear respectively. If you drove home a long one in the rear (tranny side) you could have damaged the bulkhead

& if you did damage them, here are some more bh's very inexpensive from a great ebay seller Easy Access Bulkheads

never hurts to keep that owner's manual handy when your wrenchin :peace:

i got an ss complete rear end lastnite and it bolted right up i had the same problem with the screws too and it due it being new and i had to thread into new plastic. that might cause binding

Thanks Everyone For The Help! Found Out I Had A Bearing Shot!! Got It Bolted Up This Morning Every Thing Good Now. Tested My Patients A Little Bit But All Good!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back