Diff?? Or what??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

Ok while running today and yesterday I noticed the brakes were slow and then they grabbed like they should. So i looked at them and this is what I found! Nitice how half of it is THICK and the other half is THIN

100_0823.jpg

100_0822.jpg

100_0821.jpg

100_0819.jpg

GRRR Should I call HPI and see if they will send me some or take it back to the LHS.. i HIGHLY DOUBT I can FIND the receipt. Thanks

the same thing happened to mine i just tried to compensate for it by adjusting the brake linkage mod that i did but i only ended up warping the brake discs somehow so its a new set for me if you can find the recipt id try and see if you can get a new set from youe lhs cause it seems stupid that the two discs wear unevenly

I am going to TRY and grind it sown and make it even. I haven't looked for the receipt and doubt I still have it. I'll just nuy another pair or put my stock ones back on.

So, whatever came of your brake prob.? grind them down, replace them or they still as they are? I know you received some great info in the shoutbox that I don't see here.

Ok UPDATE. They are the same way as they look in the pics. i am gonna tear it all down today since mom is going to order the motor today. :) :) I am gonna grind them down and if I can't get them even I will put the stock brakes back in. Also I am gonna run a 18/49 with the new motor IF I put those brakes back in. Thanks for the info guys.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back