Diff Oil?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleSix

U run nitro? I'm sorry.
Well I just finally got my rear diff open. I have some heavy duty cups coming since these are toast. Anyway, after struggling to get it open, I notice that there is no diff fluid inside. Just kinda looks like a little grease maybe. Is this right? Is this okay? Also wondering what the size is for the 4 screws, because I might be able to get them back in, but never back out again! Hopefully I can get some with a hex head. I have stainless screws, just worried that those will strip just as easily. Will fight the front tomorrow, otherwise it'll just end up getting thrown against the wall tonight!:cussing::cussing::cussing:

They come with some green grease in them. I'd put maybe 20k in the rear. And 30k in the front. I use regular car grease in the front diffs of some of my trucks. It helps to keep the front from unloading. As long as you put thicker in the front and thinner in the rear. It will help from the front tires ballooning and taking all the power away from the other tires in turning. Hope this helps. Good luck. Bash on.

50k front and 30k rear is what I am filling them with...that is what I have on hand. And yes they are the BP diffs.
I hear you Trip6...Been so long trying to put together what I wanted in a truck that now all I wanna do is have it finished...problem with that is I have to build it...LOL

Members online

Back