Diff gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baltimore savages

I have broken three sets of rear diferential gears in my X don't know why have three others in the the family none of the others have broken, any ideas why??

I have only gone through one rear diff as of now in my savage 25. the pinion bearing came apart, causing the teeth to strip, but new gear, and a new bearing, and it's good as new. Who knows why you keep going through gears, are you landing jumps at full throttle? thats was the way I stripped mine out.

Are you running stock diff gear setup? If so have You consider trying the 4 diff gear setup per diffs. Lastly when doing the 4 gear setup you now hav to look at what weight oil to use for what your doing, not only your driving habits but what conditions you are running it how hard you may be on the savage etc.... Everyone should in time do this a pre mod. With engines ( bigger more Hps ) the way they are today You need all the help one can get. It's just like a 1/4 mile race cars. You mod one area and there is going to a weak link somewhere. Look up on the site not only how to rebuild them but whitch ones to get etc..

]-[0p

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back