Deal or no deal..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacon

The neighbor has a savage 25. It is in real good shape and was always adult owned. He said it ran poorly the last time out and will not start now. It has all alum shocks. I have plenty of radios to make it a 2.4setup.

I was planning on giving him 200 bucks credit on a mower he want of mine.

I am going to use this truck for a nephew which will be his first hobby grade r/c. He will be 12.

My question is 2 part.

1. Does this sound like a decent deal?
2. What MILD motor would you put in it for a first timer?

Thanks in advanced

id make sure the running gear is all good, gearbox, spurgear and slipper pad,diffs, cups and dogbones, might look clean but that means nothing if the running gear is mashed up

no, that is WAY too high for a 25

a perfectly running truck, clean, with a medium number of hours is worth 160. I would offer him 145 TOPS( which is still a little high)

I bought my savage( a 2012 x 4.6 with 10 tanks on it) for 200. usually u can find a slightly used x for 200-250.

1. Does this sound like a decent deal?
2. What MILD motor would you put in it for a first timer?

Thanks in advanced

To a neighbor, and if you're getting the price you want for the mower with the credit on the truck, I'd say why not. Nut is correct, you can find them for less, but you may as well do the neighbor a solid.

The S25 in it is a mild motor. I recommend any RTR motor you can find for under 150, since it may well end up roached anyway.

Good candidates are, a K4.6 (the newer Savage Motor), anything from XTM, Dynamite, SH, etc. They are all interchangeable, and many are actually the same anyway.

To a neighbor, and if you're getting the price you want for the mower with the credit on the truck, I'd say why not. Nut is correct, you can find them for less, but you may as well do the neighbor a solid.

The S25 in it is a mild motor. I recommend any RTR motor you can find for under 150, since it may well end up roached anyway.

Good candidates are, a K4.6 (the newer Savage Motor), anything from XTM, Dynamite, SH, etc. They are all interchangeable, and many are actually the same anyway.

He is a good neighbor.

Reactions: Jr.

the k4.6 is not used in any rtr savages. just the kits

Latest posts

Members online

Back