Cwheelings Savage Flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwheeling

Well I broke the bank again and bought this truck. I am waiting on the rain to pass(say Tuesday maybe)I will try to get some vid! I will start with some NiMH and 2s lipos. Cannot afford the bigboy batteries yet,but that will come with time. I also got the Hyperion dou II and a ps so I am starting from scratch. I wanted to start at the top instead of little by little and spending way more in the long run( I will let you know how this goes??!! ) I have already got velcro straps! What a paint job on the body. Thanks to all who gave tips on this new truck!bobang

Last edited by a moderator:
This truck is insane I got to drive one so much fun I think the guy was seeing about 15-20 min run times with two 2s 5000mah batteries and there was a time were the truck sat for about 10 min cause he was helping my buddy start his truck haha you will love this truck man!

Man you luckie duck. I wish I had the extra funds to get one. I guess I am building an E-Savage that will have the same power but will be lighter but will not handle the power like the flux because the E-Savage drive train is not built like the Flux but mine will be completely upgraded from stock. Anyway you will love that truck. It should be killer. Looks like an extended chassis is required, LOL. I should have some more products out before to long for it.

ya you are a lucky dog thats for sure!! they are insane.......

Way to go dude. I'm glad you started out the expensive, but right way. Good Luck and have fun bashing!!!

Bryan @ SMC

I uncased mine today as well. Gotta wait for charger and batteries though, along with a couple other items.
493066638_X87MS-L.jpg

I ran my first set of NiMH's today and let me tell you insane is not the word!!WOW!! I cannot wait to see what a LiPo will do to this truck. I bet the lhs love this truck because you will break something quickly. Go ahead and buy the castle link so you can setup the truck to your style.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGVR8&P=SM
Best price I found!! I am ready to go again oh wait its dark. Oh well I will try again tommorrow! :FarleyParty:money man Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lookin good! Nice choice of truck and charger.

I cant wait to get mine going... I think there is a diff issue that I need to figure out.

I am noticing what sound like a cogging issue with mine.I will check my mesh soon! I also noticed my slipper was quite loose I tightened it and it is better.:dunno: Will let you know of anything else I find. Has anyone else had any problems?? My first savage so I am a newbie to HPI. But I like it!!!

I had to tighten my slipper down almost all the way to get it to run correctly. Put some threadlock on the shaft, the nut backs off pretty easily. Gears are pretty loud due to the metal on metal too.

I ran mine for about 2 minutes today and already broke an A-Arm... Time to go RPM.

Mine is pretty loud too. I'll check the slipper. I nailed a mailbox at about 40 mph and all it did was backflip a few times and landed on it's wheels lol. This truck is a tank!

its so awsome to hear stories of a savage surviving crashing at 40 mph were others would be destroyed.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back