CVDs and Flux power????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

Hi guys...

Let me just all give you a back ground quickly as what i am trying to do...

I have two savage fluxs. One stock length (My jumping basher) and My XXL (handling and pure speed (9s coming) (only small jumps on the track))

Basically i have the savage suspension conversion kit. I have also grinded down the "bump stops" on the knuckles to increase steering throw.
In doing this, i have now caused the drive shaft to just about pop out of the Hub SHD axle ( i ground a little too much off the bump stop)... But my steering is awesome and the savage turns extremely well... (yes i have tried to cure this by using O rings to push the shaft furthur into the hub axle)

Right... So... I am wanting to run CVDs to stop this problem of the shaft popping out of the axle.
I ONLY WANT TO RUN CVDs ON THE FRONT
(i know the torque of the brushless motors would most probably kill any existing CVDs on the market for the savage as they are not as robust as the SHD Drive shafts)...

I will keep running the normal SHD drive shafts on the rear as they do take a battering...

but because the front pulls the truck, and not much force is put on the shafts when accelerating... I'm hoping that the weaker CVDs should take the brushless power OK????

Now i have found a few CVDs but some are a little too expensive such as...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HPI-87230-17m...Accessories&hash=item4cf3bcf70e#ht_3680wt_797

87230_02.jpg

This is a nice little kit... but is a little overkill for me....

BUT I DID FIND AN AWESOME DEAL!!!! BUT I AM NOT SURE HOW STRONG THESE ARE AND IF THEY CAN HANDLE BRUSHLESS POWER ON THE FRONT? Please advise

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/product/HB61152,

hb61152_p_02.jpg

What i have noticed... is that these were made for the savage 21s and 25s... I think that is because the axles are silver and black indicating that one has a reverse thread??????

These are cheap as HPI are trying to clear them... (i know i will have to run stock HD axles on the diff cup rather than the SHD Diff cup axle.

My questions are...

- Am i right about one of the axles having a reverse thread?
- Can the Flux wheel nuts work on these?
- Do you think the shaft can handle the torque of the brushless system considering not much pressure is placed on teh front drivehsaft compared to the rear?
- If i bend a drive shaft from a bad landing, can i replace just the shaft? (my reason to maybe buy 2 packs and have spares just in case?

Josh just set your steering travel end points so servo only turns so much. Make sure your shocks is fully extended/off the ground when setting.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back