cut a savage x body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodesta

Hey can any1 show me on how to cut a body for the savage x. i haven't got my new body yet i will be though. yes ive seen the how-to at the beggining of this forum but if i cut my bodys that way they break right there on the role cage and all on the rear end.

my last body was a proline f-650 2 days of bashing and it was ova so plz someone tell mea good body as well:Mr.confused:

cutting bodys

well i have used several cutting tools but the one that worked the best was the tin snips there are many sizes and shapes of these cutters hope this helps:jamout:i start with the easy parts then go back and cut the tough parts

I have found that rounded holes last better than squared ones. It always seems to crack at the corners. I just cut the holes with Lexan scissors, than use my Dremil to smooth the cuts and shape the holes.

Where the body hits the rolecage is a good place.

I dry fit and nibble away anything that touches. I do it all with the dremel and different bits. As Oregon mud said no square corners and they break less. I also keep it as low as I can. Touching the center roll bar and carving it to clear all else. IMO A lifted body tends to split more but thats just that IMO....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back