Custom titanium axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trouble 69carm

Nice worksmanship old guy made a few sets of them I'm lucky enough to get a set a little heavy but indestructible 1458002266078-1465058869.jpg

Titanium heavy??? not really part for part ti is much lighter, so in theory a ti part made 2 times thicker will still be lighter than an original steel counterpart

Those aren't the super HD bones, are they? I upgraded my X to use the super HD cups/bones. Side by side, they make the originals look small.
IMG_1141.JPG

I like ti as much as any other machinist but I have to wonder what kind of torque is twisting the HD bones?? Serious thumper between the tvps I guess.
Look hot regardless

I like ti as much as any other machinist but I have to wonder what kind of torque is twisting the HD bones?? Serious thumper between the tvps I guess.
Look hot regardless
The older "HD" (chrome ones) would twist with lrp 28 when running the grass if I was hard on it or took a bad landing. The latest HD ones that seem twice as thick seem to be holding up fine though.

Really wish HPI would figure out something for the center axles though. However, since I've had my X, I'm noticing far less cup wear than I had back in the day with the 21 savage. Guessing with the trans being lower and having less angle on the bone to the diffs helped wear quite a bit. I have a parts box with 10+ center axle cups that have notches halfway through them.

1460859686069428130402.jpg
The older "HD" (chrome ones) would twist with lrp 28 when running the grass if I was hard on it or took a bad landing. The latest HD ones that seem twice as thick seem to be holding up fine though. :revopee::DOH:

Really wish HPI would figure out something for the center axles though. However, since I've had my X, I'm noticing far less cup wear than I had back in the day with the 21 Savage. Guessing with the trans being lower and having less angle on the bone to the diffs helped wear quite a bit. I have a parts box with 10+ center axle cups that have notches halfway through them.
The titanium axles did not last .they twisted not bent i am now running the new super duty flux outer and inboard cups and axles they look promising time will tell 1,

Latest posts

Members online

Back