custom savage x engine mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dxtreme

well upon inspection of my engine mount plate i saw it was cracked in about 5 places. all this inspection was from me installing my dual disc conversion and saw it was bent so i saw the cracks. me and my friend thought how could we fix this, we ended up cutting up a old ofna buggy chassis he had laying around from a accident and started cutting. well after all the cutting and grinding and filing and more filing we finally got done. this thing fit like a glove no problems installing it. here are the pics from beginning to finished product. let me know what u think

Sep24_0012.jpg

Sep24_0002.jpg

Sep24_0003.jpg

Sep24_0006.jpg

Sep24_0008.jpg

Sep24_0013.jpg

Sep25_0001.jpg

Sep25_0004.jpg

Oct10_0001.jpg

Oct10_0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats some nice work and u saved money cant get any better then that

the ofna chassis was slightly thicker than the stock plate too so for about 15hrs worth of work and a hacksaw,grinder and dremel too later and free i couldn't beat it. i have to give my friend who u see in the pics props tho he did all the major work on it. i did minor work when i could with filing and re-installing my truck back together.

well done.

rep has been aplied. lol

the presentation was great and in the end its works.

you get a A

keep up the great ideas we can all use.

then call or own of course. LOLOl

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job!

It's always nice to see members do things their own way. It's folks like you that help other members when they could be tight on a budget, this can help keep them from being sidelined for too long. Love seeing folks take the initiative in this hobby.

yea my truck was sidelined for now going on 3 weeks cause of this but thats only cause i got a 8-5:30 job, another hobby at my house that I'm working on and then my savage. plus my savage is at my buddy's house over 1 hr away so its tough for me to always get out there. but he is gonna finish putting my truck together for me tomorrow night with the ofna linkage mod i can't wait to run this thing again.

yes i'll have to agree with crash some reps are deserved!! its always great to see people solving problems with parts they have made themselves!:10: and great job on illustrating what u had to do!!

thanks for the compliments everyone so far. definately appreciate it. I'm hoping to get my truck running again next week. my friend just installed the ofna throttle and brake linkage for me tonight. just gotta put motor back in and adjust all the linkages and it'll be alive again. i can't wait to run this thing again, i forget how to its been so long lol

Yes, nice job, I wish I had access to more tools to do stuff like that. Is that a nibbler you are using in the 6th picture? I used to have a hand powered nibbler I had frogotten all about, those are great tools.

Looks great

no that is a dremel with a tungsten carbide bit

no that is a dremel with a tungsten carbide bit

My first thought was a nibbler, then I thought Dremmel but it looked small, I guess it is one of those extender cables? I am glad I thought it was a nibbler just because I had frogotten about them. It's all about the right tools for the job, oh, and safty glasses ;)

there really wasn't any need for safety glasses since the shavings stayed down by our hands. I'm actually happy u guys like the way it turned out.

wow i can't believe its been over 3 years since this truck has been running. i lost interest for a while but thats what happens when life catches up to you. i am in the process of looking for a new motor for this truck since its been setup for over 3 years i doubt it will be any good not to mention it was loosing compression 3 years ago so. but this savage will live again

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back