Custom Roll bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinsavage

Last night I was messing with my savage. Getting it ready for this next season and I wanted to get some type of roll bar to protect the engine. So I started to look around on the net for one. A lot of the roll bars are not to bad on price but I'm going to my parents in two days and there wouldn't be enuf time to ship one here. Then I got the idea to make one out of what i had. I started to cut and grind at a piece of angle aluminum and heres what i got so far.

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

I'm going to weld them up later to day

Looks a little thin. A hard landing on the roof and it might bend. You should at least be able to stand on it yourself without bending or breaking to have no worries.

Looks a little thin. A hard landing on the roof and it might bend. You should at least be able to stand on it yourself without bending or breaking to have no worries.

I have to agree but once its welded up it may have some potential as angle can be fary strong. To gain some more thrength you should box in the tri-angle just tack it every 1" or less. This will add a lot more strength. I'm intrested to hear how it turns out and yes it will help for a few hours of bashing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back