Custom Fab Rush Battery Box Mount (PiCs)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
Hey guys it's been a while since iv updated my savvy build, don't worry I'm still building it, ALL FLM parts were on back order so I'm stuck with out servo mounts and i also ordered a drag link(why not only $7) so that should be here Tuesday (June 1st) so here is my custom fab rush battery box mount rockout

• Started with a template ::
IMG_1309.jpg

• Paper Template ::
IMG_1317.jpg

• Then Scribbed the 2mm aluminum ::
IMG_1319.jpg

• SPARKS =D
IMG_1320.jpg

• =/ I think i worked the dremel to hard -.- (1OOF) ::
IMG_1321.jpg

• Since you can't curve the cut off disc i took the lazy way out :D ::
IMG_1323.jpg

• Polished it up ::
IMG_1325.jpg

• Fixed it up with the dremel ::
IMG_1326.jpg

• I then found two 2.5x3mm hex screws ::
IMG_1314.jpg

• Then i used some 3mm lock nuts ::
IMG_1313.jpg

• VWALA !!!!!
IMG_1335.jpg

• I LIKE IT =D
IMG_1327.jpg

I mite re-do this because i can only use the inside hole of the shock tower and the front end sits way to low...
BTW i weighed my savvy tonight 11.5 LBS and unless my scale was wrong thats pretty good. the front end weighs 6.25 LBS and the rear weighs 5.25 ..
I really need to get some Big Bores these stock shocks are B.S .. =)

So ill update you guys with the build when i get my mounts..

Thanks
- Brandon​

The shocks being on the inside hole of the tower makes the truck sit higher.... it's the springs that are making it sag. You probably knew that though... you can just extend the upper ears and put two more holes in each of them

classic mod.! I originally seen SicJ make the bracket... he sent me a drawing and I made 500... I know this mod is obsolete, but I still have dozens.. if anyone wants one, pm me your address and I’ll send you one. D1BCDA4F-8A03-4677-B179-E7B74E992595.jpeg

Well funny thing is I've just started bringing my savage trucks back out after many years. Have an XL I pieced together from new parts when ebay was polluted with them. Going to turn it into a mid tank so will need one of those brackets.

Great! I just can’t throw them away. Just pm me when you’re ready... I’ll put a stamp on it and get it over to ya.

side note... lots of mid tanks going on. Start a tread on your version. I’ll be starting one too.

Latest posts

Members online

Back