Custom Battery Pack not holding charge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obbi13

Hello guys,

It's been a while since I logged on to the forum. Too much work and little play. I left my battery pack yesterday charging so today I can play a little with my savvy. After literally 1 tank of fuel my pack was reading 4.3 volts, when I started my savvy it was reading 6.9V. Don't know what's happening that battery pack is 2 months old and I have recharge it for about 5 times now.

This is what I have:
- Battery pack is a 2700 MAh using 5 Sanyo AA (2700)
- My charger is a Prolux UltraPeak 3 (AC/DC 4-8 cell 24 Amp peak predict charger) only option is 1 and 2 amps for charging batteries http://www.prolux.com.tw/product.php?mode=show&cid=5&pid=97
- Throttle servo is SF-2 (stock steering servo)
- Steering Servo is a DS1015
- Receiver is a Spektrum SR3300T (telemetry)

My steering servo travel is set at 80% both ways and the throttle servo travel is at 100% both ways.

I always charge all my packs at 1 Amp (lowest setting available)

Any battery guru here that can help will be greatly appreciated!

where the pack come from? sounds like its junk.

Hello Bank, I purchase it from cheapbatterypacks.com it is custom made, I choose the cells, cell arragement and connector. I thought that those Sanyo 2700 AA cells were good (I can be wrong of course).

obbie, you should contact the company that sold it to you & see what they say about it. sanyo makes excellent batteries, but if you solder them improperly (which is extremely easy to do) the heat will kill a cell. not sayin that's what happen with yours.

don't know n e thing about that charger youve got, but 2700 mah is about double over-kill capacity that you will ever need to run in a savage imo & any great battery is only gonna work as well as the charge you put into it. i charge my 6v 1200 mah maybe every other week during bash season, but it gets a great charge from the hyperion charger; charges to 7.4v.

start with the retailer tho, hopefully they get you all fixed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, guys thanks for the suggestions, you got me thinking about this, after all Sanyo 2700 AA's are very good. After a very intense analysis session I found that I was having servo binding turning to left on my steering. When I applied full left I notice that my voltage was dropping considerably versus full right (after a fresh charge).

To fix it I reduced the amount of left travel and increased a bit to the right to compensate and have equal turn radius for both directions. This fixed the problem. Now the voltage is very stable and the battery pack is holding like a champ. I ran almost half a gallon and still have like 6.4V in it.

I'm a happy camper!!! :jamout:

Latest posts

Members online

Back