Current RC trends?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr828

Hi, rc has really declined in my area so it is pretty hard to gauge what the most popular platforms are. Short Coarse was big here a few years back, but people have been saying it is on the way out.

So I was just seeking input as to what the current or next big thing is, in regards to rc classes or platforms?

Kinda of a loaded question..... but what manufacturer is the trend setter, quality king or ahead of their time?

From what I can see nitro is still (still!) on the way out, scale crawlers are gaining popularity like crazy, and lipos are here to stay and make many rigs stupid fast and virtually uncontrollable.

Seems like traxxas still is the lead of the pack for bringing people into the hobby easily. Not sure about their "innovative" ideas, but the rigs they make are generally good enough to get people into the hobby and enjoy it enough to then the become aware of better built stuff.

Their latest with the scale off road rig and the very latest E-Revo V2 which is where the E-Revo V1 should have started considering they touted the 6S support and it would grenade the diffs and axles if you tried using it to it's full potential.

Seems like traxxas still is the lead of the pack for bringing people into the hobby easily. Not sure about their "innovative" ideas, but the rigs they make are generally good enough to get people into the hobby and enjoy it enough to then the become aware of better built stuff.

Their latest with the scale off road rig and the very latest E-Revo V2 which is where the E-Revo V1 should have started considering they touted the 6S support and it would grenade the diffs and axles if you tried using it to it's full potential.
Agreed! Traxxas seems almost universal. No matter what other stuff people have, they have a Traxxas something or other.

Thanks for the reponses guys.

So things haven't changed much since the T-maxx burst on the scene. Since then Traxxas has been the popular newbie vehicle of choice. At least the Savage challenged the Revos and Maxxes for quite a while.

Around here I'm told that the Short Course trend is slowly dying out and that the traditional 1/10th scale classes are gaining momentum. There is still a faithfull 1/8 th scale following but that is slowly declining, mostly due to expense. Nitro has really fallen off.

Again, thanks for the input, keep it coming if you have something more to add. You guys can help influence were my rc budget gets spent.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back