Current project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upbasher

Well the savages are up for the winter as of now.
Heres what I've been currently working on. (Just started today.)
Its a New Bright 1/6 scale sled. I have had this for about 3 years and have attempted to mod it over 6 times, all of them being an epic fail. (The last attempt it made it about halfway across the yard and melted a gear)
This time I am going to take my time more and do it as good as possible. Its pretty rough as you can see from the pictures from all the mod attempts. Lots of holes everywhere and a huge crack right through the belly.
Anyway I figured this time I'd try it with a .25. So far I have a good transmission plan and a good track suspension plan. Thats all. I have made the main drive gear shaft and drive cog so far.
I was thinking of just slicing the whole front end off and making a new one out of erector set. Erector set would actually be stronger than the really cheap plastic.
And also easier to design
I'll probably have another update tomorrow
btw if any of you kind folks have a 1/8 scale buggy engine mount you don't need I will buy it from you!!!! lol

0052ze.jpg

Update!
Have completed the erector set front end with suspension. Using Savage shocks. they can give you an idea of the size.
Servo is also mounted. I'm going to work on the ski spindles tomorrow

002sy.jpg

I've always wanted a snowmobile RC. I love the use of erector set pieces, makes me wonder about using some of the stuff I have lying around.

Latest posts

Members online

Back