"Cross's" Baja 5b.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I figured too. Probably saved a couple hundred getting everything I got this time. Got most of it put on today but i messed up a diff cup bearing so now I gotta wait to throw it all back together. Got everything mounted up and just left the pipe and rear bumper off. Beauty of the Turtle quick diff. Shouldn't take me long once I get my hands on that bearing. Really sucks that I don't have a LHS anymore for things like that.

PC040294.jpg

PC040290.jpg

PC040295.jpg

PC040291.jpg

PC040293.jpg
PC040296.jpg

I was tearing apart the baja 5b until i got a package today and installed the items in it :D More to come!

Looking good!
When your ready for new bearings after running in the wet snow let us know.
http://www.fasteddybearings.com/hpi-baja-standard-bearing-kit/
I just want to know what happened to the bottle of vodka in your first photos?

Not going to lie, your professional bearing kit was one of the first things I put in my last ddm order. Every single bearing I touched so.far on this baja it fell apart.
And I believe it's smirnoff vodka. Lasts me forever as I barely drink

Haha with that being said at least companies that make bearings know they wont run out of demand lol.

How often would you say to check the bearings and all that fun stuff on your baja?

I check mine after every run or minimum after the day is over.
Simply spin the wheels and drive train. look and feel for things that arent smooth. Always pay special attention to the clutch bell bearings. They will be the first to go and need to be changed often.

I'm trying to add more goodies to this baja. BUT people on HBF are being hoarders and not selling me out of stock items on DDM haha. plus i would rather buy used and save..

I'm expecting these soon though..
Turtle racing rear top plate (no brake mount included)
-Team chase rear uprights
-PhatDad rear anti squat brace
-Killer RC cables

I'm cheating and just posting what Phatdad explains how they work.

"Anti-Squat
This refers to the angle of caster on the rear wheels. Raising the front of the hinge pins of the rear arms gives a caster (anti-squat) angle and helps to transfer the power more evenly, keeping the front of the vehicle from lifting under heavy acceleration.

More
More anti-squat generally makes the rear of the car more sensitive to throttle input.
The car has more steering while braking, and also a little more powering out of corners.
On high-traction tracks, it may feel as if the car momentarily has more rear traction accellerating out of corners.
A car with more anti-squat can also jump a little higher and further, and it will soak up bumps a little better, off-power.

Less
Less anti-squat gives more rear traction while accellerating on a slippery or dusty track.
It also gives more side-bite.
Less anti-squat will make the car accellerate better and faster through bumpy sections.
Very little anti-squat (0° or 1°) makes the rear end feel very stable. It also makes power sliding a lot easier.
Note that anti-squat only works when you're accellerating or braking, it does absolutely nothing when you're coasting through turns.
The harder you brake or accellerate, the bigger the effect of anti-squat is.

I'm not going to lie, i am to even though I've had this thing forever. Just started upgrading this non stop recently!

I've had mine since last Wed. and I can't stop looking at things I want. I did some backyard running (fenced in) until I got my Superbee kill switch. I installed that and now I'm ready to go. I have quite the impressive wishlist on DDM and it's growing. One thing I want to do is get all of the orange off of this thing. Even when looking for aluminum hop-ups, I want black or gun metal. This thing is a real sickness.

It's crazy how fast the cost of parts add up lol. I'm basically breaking up my cart so every pay check I'll get a quarter of my wishlist. This week will be tranny/clutch upgrades

I'm sure I'm not ready for mechanical upgrades yet. My driving skillz are still pretty bad, but I'm a sucker for a slick looking buggy.

Planning on getting structural upgrades?
Plan for the future on purchases, when I first got my baja i bought all 5b parts and since I converted it some of those are not compatible now and completely useless

Structural so that it will survive my bad driving. I'm not really ording genuine HPI parts. I'm always looking for stronger parts like Kracken or RPM. In all honesty I have had issues with HPI parts on both of my Savages. So if I'm going to make the changes, it might as well be for the best parts that I can get.

I was a little bored this weekend and decided to paint the new Grafil "G-Virus" body, I received this awhile ago, just didn't have motivation to paint and cut it.
Y24ixVZ.jpg

hPcwiN4.jpg

A5XB8WK.jpg

PqXzHzk.jpg

neYlqD1.jpg

JSldgpe.jpg

That is one busy design. The masking must have taken a long time to do itself.

I basically used white glue on the inside of the body, then i drew on the outside protective plastic and cut the lines on the glue and peeled away and painted.
-I did mess up and made the lines way to tiny and tight together at first, once i started cutting i realized it would take ages and just some what free handed the cutting.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back