Crazy thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Type

So, today I did a crazy thing. I turned the high speed needle all the way in, entirely closed. I did not notice much of a difference running the car. Though it did not seem as prone to die when I pulled full throttle quickly, though it still did if I was fast enough.

Then I started closing the low speed needle (the one you are supposed not to touch at all), while the car was idling. RPM went higher and higher as I turned it in, and I had to unscrew the idle needle all the way for the car to stand still. I came to a point where the sound changed, it was quite a clear "breakpoint" and the sound then did not sound ok, so I turned it just back to the better.

Though the car is still not running good, it seemed a lot more "awake".

I did some experimenting with the needles, way out of the recommendations like mentioned above, and I can't say it seemed to be for the worse on the low speed needle. The high end did not seem to make any difference. Though I did not make that much of testing today.

I did notice though, at this crazy setting, I am getting some blue smoke when giving gas, and it does not seems as "wet" as before. Though every time the car dies, which it does frequently, I took the plug out and it is always a bit wet. Even if I take it out directly after the car stopped without trying to restart. I guess that is an indication that lack of fuel is not the cause. Rather too much or ignition.

Latest posts

Members online

Back