Crazy body conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project x

this is a slash body i modded to fit my XL

PIC-0373.jpg

PIC-0369.jpg

PIC-0368.jpg

PIC-0372.jpg

Man that is nice , what mods did you do to make it fit? you did a great job! do you have any pic's from the back?
SL

it was pretty ez, since it was a slash body i had to cut out holes for everything, and the post holes don't line up either, so while the body is clear go ahead and mark where you should drill. And the biggest thing is to cut the back fenders so they don't touch the wheels. not to bad, pretty str8 forward. i remembered the slash bodies being way to big for a 10th scale truck and really wanted a new body, so i took a gamble and it paid off.

man that body looks sweet on your savage, thanks for posting!!

They keep it clean at porsche! The body looks sweet. don't bounce that of a car at the lot now....

yeah one side is audi's and the other is Porsche, its a Porsche/Audi dealer

That body looks great.
How did you do the flame?
What did you use for the mesh in the windows?

WOW... Now I feel the need to buy some bodies.... Thanks.. I don't need to be tempted like this. I'm weak.

paint

what is that stripe down the middle of the body??? is it flames or what..its kinda hard to tell but that paint job is awesome and did u do it by airbrush or can??

well its not flames, even though it does kinda look like that, its really just an orange stripe that i put zig zags in with my finger! lol and the black is just rattle can spray paint

Question - What did You do so the body would fit? I just bought an XL and will be converting it. One of the things I'm after is a different body. The one you picked out is real nice.

]-[0pa]0ng;89000 said:
Question - What did You do so the body would fit? I just bought an XL and will be converting it. One of the things I'm after is a different body. The one you picked out is real nice.

the slash bodies has some flat spots on it where the body posts go through.... so basically you have to messure and lay out where the xl posts will go through....

the slash bodies has some flat spots on it where the body posts go through.... so basically you have to messure and lay out where the xl posts will go through....
yup basically thats it, you also have to shave the back fender to fit the tires

ok here is my up date, i made a wing mount from scratch and here it is on the truck....

PIC-0380.jpg

PIC-0381.jpg

PIC-0382.jpg

PIC-0383.jpg

Looks great , make sure you land on all fours our kiss that wing good bye !
Sitting a tad high , show the mount.
SL.

That lid looks pretty wicked on there good choice and nice job.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back