Crash's ERCM Picco .28 Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

Crash’s ERCM Picco .28 review for HPISF

Price $334.00 shipped smf / price includes new Picco .28 and engine mod

ModPicco2-1.jpg
ModPicco1.jpg
ModPicco4.jpg

This is a professionally modded nitro engine, below is a brief description of what changes are made to the stock engine...

A word from Robin,
“This modification is for the more experienced tuners. The profiles are pushed to the limit resulting in an extremely powerful engine that will blow the competition away. The engine is fully modified to produce ground pounding acceleration and rpm, no aspect is overlooked. Please contact me for more information if you are interested in this type of modification.â€
http://www.extremercmods.com/?page=contact

The review
:

Value-10
Quality-10
Price-10
Service-10
Performance-10

I bought mine from SMF and the customer service was incredible. Robin from ERCM contacted me and we talked about break in and other key pointers to getting the most out of my purchase. The engine shipped super fast.

The truck set up for this engine review:
Savage X
49 spur
19cb
2 speed transmission
stock X style diffs
Tsais pipe

Engine set up:
3 shoe stock carbon shoes
MC8 plug
Motor Saver air cleaner
Fuel Byrons 33%​

Break In:

I preheated the mill before starting every time during break in...
1st tank engine started on 1st pull and ran threw whole tank...
I had zero issues during the break in, the engine just loves this modification.
First time putting it on ground for some break in time it started popping the front wheels off the ground.
Its been pretty cold here so, break in is taking a while. The high quality parts in this engine account for the extended break in as well.
I am over a gallon and it still has pinch, this review will be updated as I finish off gallons of fuel.

Thoughts so far:

I am loving this engine, just wish that I did it sooner. I have bought a lot of inexpensive mills before making the commitment to buy this fire breathing Italian stallion. The Picco is a superior product over what I have been running. With the engine modifications done it is in a class of its own.

Here are some short break in videos at gallon mark:

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc280/wheelieking101/avatars/?action=view&current=P1140345.flv
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/...avatars/?action=view&current=breakinpart2.flv
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc280/wheelieking101/avatars/?action=view&current=P1140343.flv

In closing, there is no way you could purchase this product and not be pleased.

10's across the board to ERCM, SMF, HPISF

thanks for reading and be sure to check back for more info to come.

Dan

ps. also check my profile page to read more about my ERCM experience as it happens daily.

told ya dude. i kno there were probably a few people that thought i was overexaggerating this engine......but it sounds you have the "kid in a candy store" attitude like i did when i first drove mine! o....a little advice too......i was using after run oil in mine after i ran it.....and i noticed a little one way bearing slip. after reading up on Byron's fuels i realized that no after run oil was needed with that fuel. so...i took off the plate an cleaned it with some carb cleaner....and it never gave me a problem afterwards. byrons is perfect for the Picco...and that 's actually was Picco recommends also. just trying to save you some trouble (not trouble....but R & R time)!! enjoy buddy!

unless you have this motor.....you really won't know the feeling guys.........so BUY ONE!!

Good review Danny ! You would see even more out of it if not on the byrons rtr 33 stuff.

OOOOOOOOO.......and another thing......if you THINK she's running now.......wait until you try his pipe on it........that's when awesome goes to incredulous.

OOOOOOOOO.......and another thing......if you THINK she's running now.......wait until you try his pipe on it........that's when awesome goes to incredulous.

lol there is allot more RPM to come out of that motor for sure

Update

I installed a Macs pipe on it today for some testing. I saw a increase in power threw out the power band and more top end.

I installed a Macs pipe on it today for some testing. I saw a increase in power threw out the power band and more top end.

make sure that it was cut to the right length! i found my pipe worked better pressed all the way up into the header. and to think crash...she ain't broken in all the way...........you're running RTR byrons.........and you haven't taken out a shim yet! it's so much that you haven't even experienced my friend..........so much..............:thinking:

update

good morning guys.

After seeing my 1 gallon mark , Robin from ERCM called to give me some more
great tips to get the most out of my product. Thanks Robin

i just watched a vid of this truck lift all 4 off the ground & rip 100' wheelies at any point in the power band by flicking the throttle.

not exactly sure what your point is? :dunno:

Point was why run those shoes on a mill like that yea the mill has enough power to over come them but still loosing a lot to slippage

ya wat fred said.....lol

If I didnt tell ya Pope you wouldnt of known from video that it was a stock clutch set up.

Its perfect for break in

and the 3 shoe carbon grab just fine, its more a excessive wear issue with them.

I only get a gallon out of them with stock rtr engines most times.

I will tune the Werks clutch for it soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just asking man using them for breakin was actually a good idea wish I had thought of it.

update

going to shoot another short video today, I installed a Macs pipe and made some minor changes recommended to me by ERCM after seeing my last video.
Thats A+ customer service
Thanks Robin

going to shoot another short video today, I installed a Macs pipe and made some minor changes recommended to me by ERCM after seeing my last video.
Thats A+ customer service
Thanks Robin

:10:

part 1 Mac pipe

part 2 Mac pipe

old pipe video (tsias)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Crash, probably a good thing your running those composite shoes, tame down those wheelies a bit lol. rockout

Looks good Crash, probably a good thing your running those composite shoes, tame down those wheelies a bit lol. rockout

Ya, they started to slip towards the end of the tank.

Also you are missing a screw in the skid plate. That power is blowing it apart. Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back