crankshaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4

i think i have found the problem to by engine problems but before i tell you i want to make sure that it is what i think it is. so how do i take the crankshaft out of my engine?

thanks 4x4

You have to take the piston and sleeve out once you do that it should just come out!! (after of cource you take the flywheel off)

Unless you hade my problem. In that case it would have shot out into your transmission.

??? I have no idea. I was driving it, not even bashing. Went down my neighbors driveway and turned around. I hit the gas, it took off for a second and than just died. No fireworks, no bang, it just died. The shaft broke off at an angle and shoved my CB so hard into my SG that the transmissin case got cracked. HPI said they would send me a new engine for a Christmas present if I sent them the old one so they could look at it and find out why it happened. They told me I wasnt the first report of that happening either.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey bud, right...
reomve backplate and owb, if you haven't already.
get the piston at bdc, then insert the head of a cable tie down the exhaust port, just enough so it uses the piston head to push the brass sleeve upwards, enough so it pokes out and you should be able to insert some long needle nose pliers into the gap above crankcase and sleeve and lever it out, supporting both sides of the sleeve. hth bud.

thanks for all the help ive got it out and found i need a new engine as the back bearing had gone and the metal shards from it have mucked the engine up.
thanks again 4x4

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back