Could be a Stoooopid question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlijgib

Looking @ all the 4 shock set ups on this forum made me wander why i cant just drop 4 off my 4.1 the next time i go to the track and just use 4 stock ones. Was playing round last night and i just took the springs off the iner ones on each wheel and my lower arms are pretty much parrallel to the ground. I know the obvious concern will be bottoming out on the jumps. Any thoughts? I cant be the first person here to try this. If not this then i am gonna try the fuel line trick. Damn skippy this is an expensive hobby. About to hit the 50% mark on what ive put into the truck from what it costs new. Wouldnt change it for the world though!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you bottom out with 4 shocks, you can use the spacers to add preload, to make the springs stiffer, or use stiffer springs and you can put heavier weight shock oil in them to slow the dampening action...

Sorry f-got to mention i have 40 wt in the shocks. Wondering if would be better to just drop the 4 springs so i still have dampening from 8 shocks?

ask gzus11 on this forum. he races his savage with 4 shocks with springs on, hell give you advice on how well it works. is alot better than stock ill say

do some safe experimenting...see what works best for your style of driving...

i run the fuel line trick on mine with all 8 shocks just becarefull. a little bit of line gose along way. then you have to take them back apart and try again. i would make sure to use spacers to pre load the springs as stated above. a good lenth would prolly be 7/16" i put a full 1" in mine and it handles good on take off and turns but bottems out on any kind of jump. that is why i suggest so little of the fuel line.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back