Cordless drill for roto-start ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGCON

Anybody doing this ? Which drill , which volt , setting ?
Thank you

any drill but I'd start the clutch at setting 1, then work my way up until it barely doesnt torque out. If you have it set up wrong you can kiss your OWB goodbye.

I'm also interested on this. How many amps for the drill? It has to have enough torque right? Or as long as it turns then its fine?

Better option would be a pull-start like TSP said.
With the drill you want it in reverse and on a good torque setting like Jud said.

IMO pull-start would be your best bet.

Another plus one on the pull start.
Replaced my engines and I'm never going back. No battery to charge. No bulky rotostart to carry around. No more fishing that rod into a hole you cant see.

Another plus one on the pull start.
Replaced my engines and I'm never going back. No battery to charge. No bulky rotostart to carry around. No more fishing that rod into a hole you cant see.

I'm gonna leave this one alone! :lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::lmao4::buttshake:

IMHO! Pull starts the best. Don't need to carry the baulky rotostart around. Just make sure to have a spare pull start and a tuned engine. My Pull start lasted for the longest time then I had my mill apart and I dropped my exacto knife on the pull start clean cut threw the rubber and rope LOL

pull start is terrible. use your drill to start but when you do don't just hold the trigger until it starts, make it act like a pull start, use 2 to 3 second blips on the trigger, you will reduce the amount of times you flood the engine.

Members online

Back