Cool lid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Cry Me A River!!
Just helping out Lyle aka maximusraylius. He just finished up last night, having computer problems and can't post them..Pics are of his phone.

max3.jpg

max2.jpg

max1.jpg

Thx Scott for posting these for me. A lot of thought went into the paint scheme on this one. Might not look like it lol. But it has crazy paint effects that I wanted to try for some time now. Its hard to make things look old when they are brand new lol. ILl do a full how to and wrote up on it explaining the tricks I used to get the effects in the paint. As soon as I get my computer replaced. THX again for the help posting these Scott and thx everyone for looking. Tc be safe bash on.

demonic looking...like the Nightmare on Elm St movie when Freddy drove the bus off the cliff..........LMAO

Thx hypnotic. Don't know if ill ever run that truck. Its brandnew. Never been out of the box till I took the pictures of it with the new lid. I have several of of. That's just one I'm keeping around for futuRe plans. I got my bashers I run. Just kept that one new as a back up. Building one now that will be brand new to when done but I'm building it just to sale. Nothing fancy.

Thx fredy. I been wanting to try some crazy paint tecniques I had pictured in my head just to see if they would work. Wasn't to sure at first but as I got closer to finishing it it came together I thing nicely. You would be surprised as how easy it was to get the effects on it.

Fingerpainting? LoL

I had to look at the pics again to see it!

:10: came out great though!

Thx. I think ill call it the smear tecnique lol. I air brushed each color on and while it was wet I smeard it with my fingers to get the effect. The only one I didn't smear was the black. That's a wrinkled up tape effect so it bleeds under in random paterns only think that was actually masked were the windows and trim. Black was done first to keep the other colors bright.

Thx triple S. Took me about 5 hours. From start to finish. Counting cutting the lid out and slinging the paint on it and masking it and using blow dryer between colors. Finished it up around 2. In the morning. Once I started I had to get it done cause each effect was coming out like I wanted. So had to see it finished.

Latest posts

Members online

Back